PC only power on sometimes.

leandronb

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
hello guys, my new pc is only powering on sometimes, i press the button and nothing happens, then i change outlets a few times and it power on. all outlets are working fine i think, because i tested each one of my equipment on all of them, and the pc works on all of them. and when pc powers on it can be used normally all day, but when i turn off and try to turn on again is not possible.
this morning i pressed the power button and i noticed that network led was flashing and my external hdd light was on.
my config is-
corsair ax650
i5 3570k @stock
evga gtx 660 ti sc
7HDDS
1ssd
asrock z77 fatality
HAFX
i hope someone can help me.

leandronb

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
the button of the case is working fine, since when i replug in other outlet and press the button pc power on, i tried the motherboard power button too and it just turn on when i cycle the outlets randomly. i have 9 outlets, and pc works fine on all of them but not all the time. i try to power on and it fail, i just have to put the cable on other outlet and try one that power on the pc, but when the pc power on, if i shutdown, it will not power on again, and i have to repeat the process changing the outlet.

leandronb

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
i didn't made any tests on the outlet, is a new room, a switchgear(i'm from Brazil, and dont know if this is the right term) just for the 11 outlets there. and i tried my receiver in all the outlets and all of them are working fine, even the pc powers ramdomly in any of the outlets. before i was thinking that my PSU was "burning" the outlets because everytime i turn of the pc i had to put on another outlet. today at mid day pc was off the wall and i plugged in, it boots ok, and later i took off. tonight i plugged again i booted fine, i think i should let the cable off while i am having this problem, seems like a temporary fix.

dingo07

Distinguished
provide a picture of the device you're connecting the computer into... I'm guessing it's what we call a "plug strip" - that has multiple outlets on one plastic housing that gets connected to the wall with one wire.

if that's the case, then it's clear you're close to exceeding the electrical rating of the outlet in the wall or the circuit it's wired from, without blowing the fuse on the breaker. It's a fire hazard basically... if what I just described is correct.

leandronb

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
today this pc pissed me off, i just powered on when i take off the two sides of the case, clean some dust, and magically it power on.
i tried in another room, and another cable, same thing, so i think that power, or outlets are not the problem. today i will try to take all the components off the case and put in a table to test.