I screwed up please help

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
OK so i was trying to oc my ram and i boosted it up from 1333 to 1600 with + one thing of volts... i tried to start my computer and it wont even post i cant get into bios and im really frustrated... im using the GA-970a-UD3 motherboard, is there anyway to fix this please reply

Solution
I wouldn't think changing the voltage by one little tick would fry it, unless you already had it turned up too much. Make sure the computer is unplugged from the wall, pull the battery again for like 5-10 minutes, let me know what happens.

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Just open 'er up and pull the little coin battery out of the board for a little while...put it back in and you should be good to go. You'll just have to reset the time and whatever else you had set yourself in the BIOS.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished

i already did... how long should i pull it out? also did i fry my entire computer? or just my ram? also lets say i ordered a new set of ram and put it in would it fry that as well?

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
I wouldn't think changing the voltage by one little tick would fry it, unless you already had it turned up too much. Make sure the computer is unplugged from the wall, pull the battery again for like 5-10 minutes, let me know what happens.

Solution

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
man im usually the person helping someone like me :p well i guess after oc my cpu and gpu i felt that the mem would be a good idea... also I started it before this happened and it said the oc failed or something so i boosted the volts from normal to what ever the next one up was saved it and boom no display/post

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
[:panicmaster85:7] it worked [:panicmaster85:3] [:panicmaster85:4] [:panicmaster85:6] [:panicmaster85:9] Thank you so much! i guess when i reset the cmos i never unplugged it from the computer or something! thank you though really i owe you one! maybe the next time you screw up and have to post :lol: anyways thanks man really appreciate it!