Should I aim for Positive or Negative pressure?

crashdev

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hey all,

I have an Antec Lanboy Air case, and am wondering what the best way to cool it would be. The major players in the equation are as follows:
-3930k @ 4.1ghz w/ Corsair H80 closed water cooler (currently mounted on rear bracket, exhaust)
-2 4870x2's blasting 50C air out the back (thermometer mounted on back of case, not the most accurate but close)
-2 120mm intake fans on the front, 3 more on the side (covering the gpu's and cpu).

The case is sitting in a custom, semi-enclosed shelf mount. There is about 7" of open space between the rear of the case and the wall. The left side (with the fans, stage-right) is open. The top and the right side (stage-left) has 3/4" of open space. Front is open.

Cooling hasn't been a huge issue, but I can't help but think there is a better way to take advantage of the airflow in my case.

Thanks!

crashdev

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Positive. Negative will just make your case far more dusty.
That's logical, and I aimed to do that when I first built the rig. The issue was that all the hot air blowing out the GPU's was being sucked into the H80's fans and raised my CPU's temps.

So just aim for air flow? That's basically what I have now isn't it? The back is all exhaust, the front and side is intake.

bounced and rammy are both right. You want positive, but your case won't let you do that. The few fans that case comes with will be fine. If you have an odd number of fans then make sure you have more intake than exhaust.

crashdev

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Fair enough. That's what I have now, more intake, and the only places on/in the case that collects noticeable dust are the grates on the outside of the intake fans. Inside stays quite clean.

Good to know I'm set. Just figured I'd toss a line out here to make sure I wasn't missing some potential with my build.