Unable to boot up computer

cwchunwei95

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011
Hi guys, first of all, I apologise if I am posting at the wrong section(newbie here) and also if there are solved threads regarding similar issues(doubt so).

The problem:
I went for a trip in Japan for roughly 13 days. After arriving home today morning, I used my computer to surf the net. But suddenly, my PC shut down and I am unable to turn it on again. When I press the power button, the leds light up and my fans start turning but there was no beep code sent. A few seconds later, my PC turns off and turn on again. Nothing on the monitor too.

I suspected my power supply to be the cause of the problem so I took it out and hook it uo into an old system of mine. It worked. My old system is fairly low powered though, a 350W PSU would suffice. My current system is roughly 3-4 years old.

Could the cause of the problem be a faulty motherboard, CPU, graphics card or the lack of wattage in PSU?

FYI, my motherboard has a green led on it and it lights up when power on.

Sorry for the long post and please help me with this problem. Thanks in advance. Tell me should you need any other information.