Upgrade for mITX

Hey,

I wanna build an mITX machine, since I really like that format.
I'm pretty sure, I know what I want, but just wanna confirm that you agree it's a good build.

Approximate Purchase Date: Beginning of November

Budget Range: $200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Adobe Package (I'm a graphic designer), Surfing and Gaming (Dishonored, League of Legends & Starcraft II so far)

Are you buying a monitor: No, I have a Wacom Cintiq 21UX, I use for the design stuff.

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, Mobo, Ram and Case

Do you need to buy OS: No, my company can provide me with a Windows 7 64bit Professional.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg or so.

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: Not really

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1600x1200

Additional Comments:

Like I said, I already have some items:
EVGA GT240 1 GB
OCZ Vertex 4 120 GB
Mushkin Enhanced Volta 500 Watt

The GPU will be change later, when it's not good enough for the games I use. I know the PSU is pretty overkill, but I already have it.

Here is what I'm looking at:
Cooler Master Elite 120
Intel Pentium G850 2.9 Ghz
Foxconn H61s
8 GB Kingston HyperX T1 1600 Mhz

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kWar

Want me to confirm my order?
13 answers Last reply
More about upgrade mitx
  1. This could be an alternative to the mobo:
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75M-ITX/

Else mATX, if you have a good mATX build that is almost as small with everything with the same amount of money
  2. No respons at all?
  3. Still none?
  4. That GPU won't get you anywhere.

also. that memory will violate the warranty on the CPU. You need 1.5v RAM
  5. Why will it Violate the Warranty?

I had the GPU already, so it was as a start. I just traded it for a 8800 Ultra instead, so a bit more power without having high-end I know!
  6. It just will. Its an Intel thing. Get 1.5v RAM also 1600mhz ram will be useless too because the CPU will only use 1333mhz.
  7. Okay, so I should just stick with some 1333 Mhz Value ones and safe up for a video card upgrade later?
  8. Definitely. That's what I would do. Don't pay more than like $30.
  9. Cool, thanks...

Any other things about the setup?
  10. I would say 120gb isnt much space. Don't know if you have a HDD but i would add one to the build for games and such.
  11. I have the 120 GB SSD in the system and I have a 2 TB External next to the system, but I was thinking about trading my 120 GB SSD with a bigger SSD but slower since I wont be able to use SATA600 anyway or replace it with regular HDD with more space - preferable a Raptor, but a normal one would work too.
  12. Is there space in the case for one normal HDD? If there is, get a 60gb SSD (for OS) and a internal HDD (500gb-1tb/ whatever you want) and stick the SSD someplace else in the case.
  13. Sure I will look for that
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems