New Build but NO power!

frigatedoc

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Hello,

Just completed my first build in a long time....SO long that when I did my last it had a SMOKIN 3DFX card in it!

Anyway here is my issue. I built the entire thing....double checked my cables, but when I hit the power button the computer will not stay on. It is almost like the power button is broken? The fans all start up for about one second then all stops. Any ideas? Anything I could have backwards?

System is:
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA1155 mother board
Intel Core i5-3570K
Cooler Master Elite 430 - Mid Tower
Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus - 600W
Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB DDR3
MSI GTX 660 Ti Video card

THANK YOU in advance!
Joe

i8myhippo

Honorable
May 20, 2012
I would look for a second power input for the motherboard. I have a ASRock z77 LGA1155 and there's a small power-in that's only 8 pins, if I remember correctly. That was my problem, and I was at my wit's end about it, like you undoubtably are.

twixa

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
This may not be the best advice but this is what my computer struggled with as well when I first got it 'booting.

I let it run with that power cycle for a couple of mins (where it keeps turning on and off) until the CPU fan would finally kick in. Immediately found the S.M.A.R.T fan function as the culprit (in ET6).

My specs are almost the same as yours. Good luck with your issue, hope this helps!