burst fire / full auto mode

is there a way to switch between these modes when going assualt/med ?

burst fire is pretty cool but unfortunately the game is not realistic enough
for burst fire.

In reality if any one of those 3 shots hits then your target is down. but
when you have to pump a couple of clips into someone to kill them you need
the full auto mode.

disapointing really. the game looks it's best with a squad of 10 inf men
assualting a base, the familiar burst fire sound makes for a realistic
change. damage levels for players should be 1/2 to a third what it is now.
dare I say... like counter strike.

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

"Paul Goodhew" <Paul.Goodhew@telstrawholesale.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to switch between these modes when going assualt/med ?
>
> burst fire is pretty cool but unfortunately the game is not realistic
> enough
> for burst fire.
>
> In reality if any one of those 3 shots hits then your target is down. but
> when you have to pump a couple of clips into someone to kill them you need
> the full auto mode.

Well, some of the kits come with body armor, so theoretically it could take
more than one shot to take the man down.

"Paul Goodhew" <Paul.Goodhew@telstrawholesale.com> Spoke about

> is there a way to switch between these modes when going assualt/med ?

<snip>

Re-select your weapon to change fire modes, ie; press 3 when you're holding
the #3 weapon.

MrToad
aka {AGB}Weisses Fleisch

Does it toggle? I just thought it was a bug, sometimes auto, sometimes
single shot. Is there an on-screen indicator of fire rate?

There, that's one item to scratch off the annoying bug list, and put
onto the cool feature list. Thumbs up to Dice, this software seems to
be good straight out of the box.

Andrew

On 14 Jun 2005 01:40:40 -0700, "tangerine_sedge"
<tangerine_sedge@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Does it toggle? I just thought it was a bug, sometimes auto, sometimes
>single shot. Is there an on-screen indicator of fire rate?

Yes, it toggles.

Andrew

On 14 Jun 2005 02:51:24 -0700, "tangerine_sedge"
<tangerine_sedge@hotmail.com> wrote:

>There, that's one item to scratch off the annoying bug list, and put
>onto the cool feature list. Thumbs up to Dice, this software seems to
>be good straight out of the box.

The demo, great as it is, has many "features" which will undoubtedly
be in the retail product as it went gold before the demo was released.
To say it is good straight out of the box is being rather optimistic
in my view.

Andrew left a note on my windscreen which said:

> >Does it toggle? I just thought it was a bug, sometimes auto, sometimes
> >single shot. Is there an on-screen indicator of fire rate?
>
> Yes, it toggles.

And yes, there is an on screen indicator. Just underneath the ammo
count I belive is a small A for full auto, a pic of 3 bullets for burst
mode and a single bullet for semi-auto.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]

"Paul Goodhew" <Paul.Goodhew@telstrawholesale.com> wrote in message
> is there a way to switch between these modes when going assualt/med ?
>
> burst fire is pretty cool but unfortunately the game is not realistic
enough
> for burst fire.
>
> In reality if any one of those 3 shots hits then your target is down. but
> when you have to pump a couple of clips into someone to kill them you need
> the full auto mode.
>
> disapointing really. the game looks it's best with a squad of 10 inf men
> assualting a base, the familiar burst fire sound makes for a realistic
> change. damage levels for players should be 1/2 to a third what it is now.
> dare I say... like counter strike.

figured this out for anyone else that is interested...

just press the weapon select button to toggle fire rate. ie. for assualt
rifle, just keep pressing 4 to toggle

Solidus

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 03:45:51 -0000, MrToad <nospamoldgt@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Paul Goodhew" <Paul.Goodhew@telstrawholesale.com> Spoke about
>
>> is there a way to switch between these modes when going assualt/med ?
>>
><snip>
>
>Re-select your weapon to change fire modes, ie; press 3 when you're holding
>the #3 weapon.
>
>MrToad
>aka {AGB}Weisses Fleisch

I could not work out how this mode was changing, I would find my self
in a fire fight, with spec-ops, and click-BANG.... one shot then I was
dead....drove me mad.

hit the key in error and suddenly singleshot mode.

gonna have to rebind that

/Solidus