Sign in with
Your question

Dumb question im sure..lol

Last response: in Systems
October 23, 2012 9:06:44 AM

So I am currently planning a new build thanks to some advice from the guys on here also...Dont give me no *** bout this question either as I have been using a laptop for th last few years..'

So...WIFI! How do I ensure my build has wifi at the ready.? Is it a certain component that enables it or is it simply a wifi adapter of some sort because I dont wanna finish my build, boot her up and then '***' no wifi!!

Thanks guys...lol

More about : dumb question lol

October 23, 2012 9:15:53 AM

For wireless connectivity there are a couple of options.

Get a USB dongle, will be somewhat cheap. But will be slower than the other options and will take up a USB port.

Get a wireless NIC, can go into any PCI slot on the motherboard. Ranges from cheap to very expensive depending on which one you get, same with speed.

And to get a high end ASUS motherboard that has WIFI built in. Quite expensive as these mobos can cost $250+, and dont offer many extra features (other than built in WiFi) over other cheaper boards. Not sure on the performance of it though.
m
l
October 23, 2012 9:19:44 AM

manofchalk said:
For wireless connectivity there are a couple of options.

Get a USB dongle, will be somewhat cheap. But will be slower than the other options and will take up a USB port.

Get a wireless NIC, can go into any PCI slot on the motherboard. Ranges from cheap to very expensive depending on which one you get, same with speed.

And to get a high end ASUS motherboard that has WIFI built in. Quite expensive as these mobos can cost $250+, and dont offer many extra features (other than built in WiFi) over other cheaper boards. Not sure on the performance of it though.

Thanks...That helped alot!
m
l
!