Will this build run most games well?

i am looking to build a new computer and am wondering if the parts i have chosen will run most games and are compatible.

CPU: AMD FX-4170
GPU: Powercolor Radeon HD7870 GHz Edition 2GB
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock 970 Extreme4 Motherboard
PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty Series 750W Modular
CASE: Sharkoon T28 Red Case USB 3.0
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST1000DM003
RAM: G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAO 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

total cost: $865 from pccasegear.com
already have monitor, keyboard, mouse and OS. I juat want to make sure i am getting the best value for my money and that all parts will be compatible.
14 answers Last reply
More about will build games well
  1. Yes it Will
    But Change The Cpu To i5 2500 Or 2500K (if Overclocking)
    As i Was Using Amd 4170 Its Bottlenecking
    Yes I know iT sPEED iS 4.2Ghz But Intel I3 Can beat It
    Rest All Is Correct
  2. i was debating getting an intel cpu but looking at benchmarks from various different websites it seems i would pay 2x as much for only slightly better performance.
  3. The FX-4170 isn't a gaming CPU, if you want AMD, the Phenom II x4 would be better.
    The Fatal1ty series isn't that great either.
    OCZ Agility 3 kinda has a bad reputation for having high failure rates.
  4. Pieninja said:
    i was debating getting an intel cpu but looking at benchmarks from various different websites it seems i would pay 2x as much for only slightly better performance.

Even at 4.5ghz, the FX41XX gets embarrassed in gaming by a stock dual core 3.1ghz i3-2100. GHZ has nothing to do with performance anymore, it's all about architecture.

If you want to build a budget gaming machine, forget the FX41XX and go with a i3-2120. Mobo's start at just $59 and are upgradable to Ivy Bridge.
  5. unfortunately where i live there is only really one good pc parts supplier so if they dont have certain parts i dont have much choice. the cheapest intel gaming cpu they have is the i3 3220 for $123. i chose the 4170 based mostly on this article: http://www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=784&page=11

they also only supply the FX series AMD processors and now the trinity series
  6. I like your build. Its great. Good choices.
  7. excella1221 said:

The Fatal1ty series isn't that great either.

what would you recommend as a good psu over 700W?
  8. Piledriver is out. Get them if you want AMD.
  9. ^+1. Piledriver seems to match Intel i5 CPUs.

As for 700w+ PSUs, give me the store from where you're buying from and I'll help you find some.
  10. excella1221 said:

As for 700w+ PSUs, give me the store from where you're buying from and I'll help you find some.

im shopping from http://pccasegear.com/
  11. ♦ first you should change this cpu with any intel i5.
    ♦ second no need for 750 watt psu unless you want to crossfire. (600 watt is enough)
    ♦ make sure you know the length of the gpu to see if it will fit into your case or not.

=congratulations you can play any game in ultra @1080p ;)
  12. thanks excella.

im getting a 750W so i dont have to upgrade later if i decide to go crossfire.
  13. You can actually crossfire two 7870s on a 650W but its quite on the edge. Not much headroom if you go for 650W.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems