Pc will not display on hdtv

lakros23

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Hello,
My PC will not display on my TV. I have done the normal run down removing ram, found that my hard drive was Patrick Swayze, replaced hard drive for 1Tb, cleaned out the connection for my ASUS EAH6950, powered down, unplugged, sat the graphics card and.....................nothing =|. called one of my programming friends to go through the typical run down to see if i missed anything and no solution could be reached. I am currently on the fence of RMA the card but wanted a few opinions from you guys/gals.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again =)

Hazle

Distinguished
refer to your TV manual and see if a specific HDMI port is meant for use as a PC HDMI connection, usually HDMI 1. before you return that GPU, have you tried it on a monitor? also, what brand and model is your TV and from what year?

lakros23

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Motherboard cOnnection works. What I'm running it on now. The TV I am currently using is a Samsung LN40C630K. I have used this tv with this computer flawlessly before. But I just recently moved across the country and suffered the loss of my Hard drive. I have all the essential driver hardware just no display. So should I just dig a grave for this card and say my goodbyes.

lakros23

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Would it be disabled on its own from installing a new OS. I had windows 7. Now I have Windows 7 Ultimate. Yet that shouldn't matter since its a new hard drive. Plus the Fans on the card spin up as well as a red LED comes on. So it's def getting power