Sign in with
Your question

No signal problem... with 2 mobo's, HELP!!!!

Last response: in Components
March 6, 2013 10:05:06 PM

While building a new rig I've ran into a problem that I've been struggling with for a few weeks now.

After everything is hooked up, and I go to boot... the monitor acts as though it is not even connected. I've checked the video card in another machine, and it works just fine. I've unhooked everything and started from scratch, going step by step. Each new piece added the system boots, all fans spin, but no connection on monitor. The mobo also has onboard video, which does exactly the same thing.

Now, before I even begin the think of the mobo or the cpu being the problem... I have two cpu's and two mobo's I am currently having the exact same problem with. :fou: 

Specs....
MSI 760GM-P34 (FX) Micro ATX
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W
2 x 2GB G Skill DDR3 1333 PC 10666
ATI Radeon 3000 (onboard)
PCIexpress Gigabyte nVidia 9600GT

Second machine...
ECS A960M-M2 AM3+ AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W
same memory and vid card as above

*I have tried substituting all combinations of memory sticks (have 4 of exactly the same ones)
*I have tested the vid card on different machine, and it worked

Any help or input on what to do would be wonderful... I am now, at the forum's mercy!! Please, be gentle... :sweat: 

More about : signal problem mobo

March 6, 2013 10:36:47 PM

Monitor tested on different working machine?
m
l
March 6, 2013 11:36:06 PM

yes, I am currently using the monitor with my laptop, to access this forum.
m
l
Related resources
March 6, 2013 11:39:29 PM

All connections correct such as power to board and CPU?
m
l
March 6, 2013 11:46:01 PM

Yes. I've started from scratch three times (with both boards). Going step by step to make sure I did not miss a connection.

CPU inserted, heat sink added to that. Plugged in cpu fan.
Inserted one stick of RAM.
Connected 24 pin from PSU. Connected 4 pin (on the ECS) and 6 pin (on MSI) power connectors from PSU.
plugged in PCIe card. Connected VGA to vid card.
Connected power cable to PSU.
Pressed PWRSWCH, PSU fans spins, CPU heat sink fan spins...
Monitor light stays yellow, never turning green. Not even giving a 'No Signal' reading.
Am I missing anything? Is there something that needs to be plugged in I am not? I listed these in the order I did them, is there a chance it's the order? I'm racking my brain to figure out something that I missed, because I can not believe that coincidentally I would have two mobo's die at the exact same time. or two CPUs, or all four die.
m
l
!