Sign in with
Your question

What are my GPU options?

Last response: in Systems
October 23, 2012 11:31:42 AM

Hi all.

I'm planning a build but i'm stuck for GPU options. There are many possibilities out there and to be honest i can't make sense of it all. I'm hoping that if i tell you all what i have so far and what i'll be using the build for, you may be able to help me.

Here goes.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard: ASUS Sabretooth Z77
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
RAM: 16GB Low-Profile Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB)
PSU: XFX ProSeries 850W 80 PLUS Silver
Case: NZXT Switch 810
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB
HDD 1: WD Caviar Black 1TB
HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 3TB
Monitors: 3x Asus VS228H 21.5 inch LED Widescreen Monitor

I will be using this build mainly for gaming but i'll also be editing videos for youtube etc and hopefully streaming some gameplay.

I want to be able to run my games in 1080p while streaming/recording and using a triple monitor setup.

I don't have a set budget and these parts will cost around £1400-£1500. I'm just asking for advice on the best GPU or combination of GPU's to enable me to run everything in high quality.

I hope you can help me.

More about : gpu options

October 23, 2012 11:50:34 AM

How much budget do you have for a GPU?

For a 3-monitor setup, I would recommend an AMD card for Eyefinity. The 7950 or 7970/GHz would be best.

Also, I'd like to comment on that motherboard.
If you haven't bought it already, consider dropping it. It's just a gimmick and the armor actually adds up to heat. The features itself as well are basically the same as an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and ASRock z77 Extreme6.

October 23, 2012 12:21:13 PM

excella1221 said:
How much budget do you have for a GPU?

For a 3-monitor setup, I would recommend an AMD card for Eyefinity. The 7950 or 7970/GHz would be best.

Also, I'd like to comment on that motherboard.
If you haven't bought it already, consider dropping it. It's just a gimmick and the armor actually adds up to heat. The features itself as well are basically the same as an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO and ASRock z77 Extreme6.

I haven't bought anything yet, i'm planning my build and i'll buy everything at once.

Budget isn't really an issue, i just want to buy something that will last me a while but i don't want to overspend for marginal fps boosts either.

Thanks for the motherboard recommendations. I was under the impression that the Sabretooth had fans which could be installed within the armour to improve the airflow. I'll check out the others anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.
Related resources
October 23, 2012 12:46:07 PM

7970/GHz then. Your choice if you think the GHz Ed is worth the extra cash, or the regular 7970 will fit your needs. Either way, it's enough for the 3-monitor Eyefinity.
October 23, 2012 1:02:44 PM

a 7970 or gtx 680 would be fine. I also agree what excella1221 said about the motherboard. Same features, it just look "cooler". Might as well get a Maximus V Gene perhaps or Maximus V Formula (maybe this one coz you have a relatively huge case) then you can OC your i5 to 4.5Ghz.
October 23, 2012 1:07:51 PM

^Any Z77 mobo can OC that high. Id only get RoG boards for a color scheme anyways.

If budget is of no concern, dual 7970 GHz Editions would fit would it?
!