Should I or Shouldn't I

grybos

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
So I work at Microcenter (I'm sure most people know that store) and I have a chance to get an open box Zotac 680 for around $340-350. It's tested and works fine and everything. I don't really know too much about the brand and from what I read around they're decent cards just at the bottom of the Nvidia card sellers.

So I'm just trying to hear if I should get this card or skip on it.

It's this card here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-500-238&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=3#scrollFullInfo

drums101

Distinguished
yea man I would go for it....thats a pretty good deal...does the card appear to be used? (dust buildup or anything) I mean its based off of the reference 680 design so they cant really screw it up haha (zotac) and you said its been tested so I would def hop on that deal if you are in the market for a new card

drums101

Distinguished
yea man then I would def go for it...I bet the guy bought it and found out that it wouldnt work in his system or his system couldnt keep up with the card so he returned it...thats a pretty good deal I wouldnt want to let that one pass up

grybos

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
No, Colorado lol. Always check those clearance/openbox deals. Most are just people buying things to figure out if it will fix their computer to only find out it wasn't that and return it shortly after. As a cashier I hear all the time "Yeah I'm just trying to figure out what's causing my computer to not work its either ______ or _______. If they don't work I can return them right?"

If only my store manager didn't do so many markdowns for the month I could of probably gotten this card for less than 300 haha. No way its going to be there by next week though so I'm just saying f*** it and getting it.

TRENDING THREADS