Final advice needed before purshase.

AramDF

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I will probably purchase the parts laer this week. I have mostly settled on what I want but I want opnions on a few things Im not quite sure about.

I will use the system for gaming, watching movies and surfing the web. Bear in mind that I intend it to last for quite a while without becoming too obsolete.

And I should note that while I never did overclock, Id like that to be an option, should I decide to give it a try.

OK. So here it is:

Case:
Corsair Carbide Series 300R $74.99
Not much to say, really. I simply love the looks of it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) $229.99
Pretty standard, I think

Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $114.99
Highly acclaimed piece. This along the the RAM is what Im mostly clueless about. I mean. 4 way SLI support.. Sounds kinda overkill.

RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR $49.99
I inthended to get another G.skill set(2133mhz cl11). Turns out it wasnt listed on ASRock website as being compatible with the motherboard I chose. So I picked these up instead. I have no idea what Im doing, though. The clock seemed high enough, extremely well rated on newegg and both ASRock and G.Skill list the compability between this set and the mobo.

GPU: EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $409.99
Kinda straight foward here. Although I did consider getting a Gigabyte version of the card.

PSU: CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply $144.99
Overkill?

Oh. I almost forgot.
The CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+ 34.99
Better options out there?

And thats about it. I dont need an optical driver an HD and peripherals.

Any input will pre greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day :)

Nice build. Many of Corsair's psus are made by Seasonic and they make the best psus. I say cut out the middle man and go straight to Seasonic. It will save you some money. I would go for the 620w modular version that's priced at 89 bucks on newegg.com. Don't waste your money on fast memory, its a marketing tool and will not speed up real world applications.

mcclellan_d

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
look like a solid build man. I asume u got HDD's/SSD's and an os already right?

I think the PSU is a good pick and would not go lower. Reasons: OC (sure even OCing the parts the OP has listed will not be 750W but being able to keep the psu and not have to buy another one in 2+ years due to a new system build or added GPU's is a $$$ saver. Spend $$$ to make save $$$.

If you dont have SSD's get x2 120G or x1 240 casue i got one 120G atm and i really wish I had done the 240 for more wiggle room even tho is a boot drive and all that.

HDD's if you can buy umm get x2 500G Western Digital V. Raptor in raid 0 or just x1 TB there 10,000 RPM's each (these would be for games and an SSD for boot

hope this helps

AramDF

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I do have an HDD already. Im not getting a new one because a couple months ago the one on my current system died so its pretty much brand new.

As for the SSDs, they are ridiculously overpriced in my country, what with import taxes and greedy "smugglers".. hehe.
(So you can get a picture: that whole setup above, totals to what? 1000 dolars? I will pay $1500 for it. Kinda sad, really.)

And I do have win7 already, ofc.But regardless Ive been considering buying win8. Ought to be worth it..

Thanks a lot for the tips guys. I will rethink on the PSU, but mcclellan_d raised a really good point.