Hello,
I Have system with these specs:
Intel Core 2 duo 2,2GHZ
MSI p31 neo motherboard
Pixelview GeForce 7300 GT
2gb ddr2 of ram
ErSys 480w PSU
windows 7

my VGA card was broken and I need to replace it with new card. What graphic card is suitable for that system (radeon or geforce are fine)?
I think of radeon hd6670, is that card will cause bottleneck with the core 2 duo processor?
i used to playing game like PES 2012, Devil may cry 4, etc.

thanks
11 answers Last reply
More about advise upgrade geforce 7300
  1. a 6670 would not bottleneck a core2duo, its not an extremely high end card
  2. how about the pci-e slot? I read the 6670 use pci-e 2.0, but my motherboard (MSI p31 neo) use PCI Express 16X slot (PCI Express Bus SPEC V1.0a compliant).
    Is that will cause any degradation of performance?
  3. You will not notice much of a performance difference between PCIe 1.0 and 2.0. The main drawback you have is that the rest of your system is quite old, thus the card will most likely not perform to full potential anyway.
  4. yes, I know that my overall system is old (I've used this more than 5 years).because of that I need advise that what card should fit that old system. :-)
  5. Well, I suppose the question is really how long you plan to keep using it? If you want to save for a bigger upgrade, then don't sink too much money into a new GPU now.
  6. Herr_Koos said:
    Well, I suppose the question is really how long you plan to keep using it? If you want to save for a bigger upgrade, then don't sink too much money into a new GPU now.

maybe for 1-2 years.

how about geforce gt 220?
  7. It's a step up from the 7300, but not a fantastic gaming card. Have a look at this chart:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

I suggest you decide on a budget, then look on the chart how far up the hierarchy that amount will take you.
  8. Herr_Koos said:
    It's a step up from the 7300, but not a fantastic gaming card. Have a look at this chart:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

I suggest you decide on a budget, then look on the chart how far up the hierarchy that amount will take you.

maybe geforce gt 240, gt 430, or radeon hd 5570 or 5670.
    higher than that I think it will not optimal because of my overall system specs, especially my old motherboad.
  9. Cool, that's the first step. Maybe check if there is something newer in that price range; the Radeon 5xxx series is pretty hard to find now.

Once you have a handful of cards in mind, you can look at the performance charts to see which one will suit you best.
  10. bought pixelview gt 240 ddr5 1gb.. just found that on the store..
    thanks for your support
    :-D
  11. It's OK for now I suppose; at least it's relatively cheap. Good luck, hope you can upgrade your system properly some time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Core Geforce Graphics