Solution
does it beep when turned on? is there a power indicator in your motherboard? some intel boards have a green led light somewhere which turns on when the board is powered (plugged but not turned on)
if you still have your stock PSU from your HP computer, try to use it and see if the computer runs. If it does, your corsair PSU might be defective. If its still dead, you might be looking at other hardware problems.

beep = RAM or processor issues
no beep and nothing visible on screen = motherboard or power supply issues

najirion

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
does it beep when turned on? is there a power indicator in your motherboard? some intel boards have a green led light somewhere which turns on when the board is powered (plugged but not turned on)
if you still have your stock PSU from your HP computer, try to use it and see if the computer runs. If it does, your corsair PSU might be defective. If its still dead, you might be looking at other hardware problems.

beep = RAM or processor issues
no beep and nothing visible on screen = motherboard or power supply issues

Solution

JKChee

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Having the side panel off, I don't see any power indicator.

When I turn it on, it doesn't really beep but makes like an... einhhhhhh sound.

I'll do as you say and go back to the stock psu and I'll let you how it goes. Thanks

JKChee

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hi, you were right. My corsair must be defective. I switched it back to the stock psu and it turned on as normal. I guess it's a good opportunity to try out the corsair warranty.

Thanks for the help.