Sign in with
Your question

USB / PS2 KB / Mouse

Last response: in Components
October 27, 2001 10:20:47 PM

For a keyboard, if both connectors are provided, is it better to use a PS2 connection or a USB connection?

How about for a mouse?

What are the differences that there'll be?

More about : usb ps2 mouse

October 27, 2001 10:39:05 PM

I don't think there will be any difference. I use PS2 connection since that way I have save 2 USB prot.
October 27, 2001 10:58:48 PM

I use USB for both. I have a Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro and a Microsoft Trackball Optical. My keyboard is connected to a USB port on my PC and my Trackball is connected to the hub of my keyboard. Actually, you can save an IRQ if you connect them all to USB and disable your PS/2 ports. Also, mice are more responsive when connected to USB.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Related resources
October 27, 2001 11:24:19 PM

I have 4 USB ports on my system, so the number remaining is not a problem.

You said that usb makes the mouse more responsive, but how about it the keyboard? does it make the keyboard any more responsive if it's connected by USB?
October 28, 2001 12:05:55 AM

Probably but you'd have to type really really fast to notice it. I type at about 80WPM and I didn't notice a difference.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
!