How to overclock my gpu amd ati radeon 6450 hd 2gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason27

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hello,
please help me on how to play games such as bf3 and crysis3 in my system consisting of amd fx4100 and gpu sapphire 6450 hd 2gb ddr3

Solution
anyway with ur card u can't play at a resolution more than 1024 * 768 with the lowest possible details with a game like BF3 you will get about 20 - 25 fps at this resolution with the overclock I suppose it can get you 27 fps max so as they said don't bother yourself with OC
But if u wanna OC this card its simple from The catalyst control panel choose amd over ride and move the slider to a bit higher clock then test the card if no problem u may increase the clock again until u find a stable clock "On ur own risk" U should read the toms's articles about the overclock

supersonic977

Honorable
Mar 18, 2012
anyway with ur card u can't play at a resolution more than 1024 * 768 with the lowest possible details with a game like BF3 you will get about 20 - 25 fps at this resolution with the overclock I suppose it can get you 27 fps max so as they said don't bother yourself with OC
But if u wanna OC this card its simple from The catalyst control panel choose amd over ride and move the slider to a bit higher clock then test the card if no problem u may increase the clock again until u find a stable clock "On ur own risk" U should read the toms's articles about the overclock

Solution

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Overclocking that GPU won't make time travel anymore possible than it is now, so crysis 3 is out of the question you'll need a Delorean and a flux capacitor for that.

As for BF3 youll just need a new GPU.

In all seriousness though, there is no point in overclocking that card even for the games it will play like portal 2 or tf2.

Status
Not open for further replies.