harsh_13

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
ok , so after weeks of searching and searching, i came to the decision of finally buying a graphic card.
MSI N560GTX-Ti 448 Twin Frozr III PE/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 448 Cores (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card (--- this right here :bounce:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127615

not ever gonna overclock ^__^
just buying for basic gaming , i.e. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim , Call of Duty , NFS games, GTA and *** , NBA , Minecraft , Max Payne , Crysis , you get the point
so the question is

1. is that graphic card a nice purchase ?
2. probably not gonna replace it till 2013-2014 so will it last that LONG ?

BYe :hello:

Solution
if you get that card, i doubt you'll need to upgrade until 2016. Heck, even a 9800gt can play modern games. If you feel like upgrading, just buy 1 or more GTX560s and put them in SLI. :)

KaiGaming

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
if you get that card, i doubt you'll need to upgrade until 2016. Heck, even a 9800gt can play modern games. If you feel like upgrading, just buy 1 or more GTX560s and put them in SLI. :)

Solution

aleksanderdev

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2012
Hey. I been using GTX 560 TI OC the last year.
And im yet to encounter a game i cant play.
Mostly played Skyrim, Crysis 1/2, Total war shogun, Star wars games, just cause2.
And most of theme in 3d aswell.
Just cause 2 was the only g ame i couldnt play in 3d.
But note that you cant expect to play on full graphic settings. Turn down shadows and you can leav the rest pretty hige.
Overall quite the nice card. Thought i would suggest ASUS ENGTX560 DCII OC. I got teh GTX 680 DCII OC and its cooling is unmatched, aswell as performance :)

Depends on what you want the settings at, for most games maxed out at 1920 x 1080 I would assume you would have to replace it within the next big demanding game comes out.

Thats not to say that "that" card can max out BF3 multiplayer, not by any stretch. Will it do very well? yes, yes it will.

Though I would assume if you have your expectations in line it could last you a long time.

As kai said the 9800GT does still do pretty decent for its age, although it is reaching the point of some games just needing more horsepower to look nice (or atleast get above low/med) its equivalent in terms of power would be the 5670/6670 which was last generations lowest entry level "gaming" graphics card. With the release of the 7xxx line of GPUs the lowest entry level graphics card is the 7750 which performs roughly twice as fast (comparatively) to the 6670 (performs near the 5770 in case you were wondering)

So uh... that went a bit long... hope I helped...

TRENDING THREADS