Router pages only half loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothy2180

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
Hey, I am working on setting up a Linksys router for my Dad. I am moderately competent with networking. Anyway, a glaring, and obnoxious problem I am having is everytime I load a page for the router(192.168.1.1), it does not completely load and I have to hit refresh.

Now when I try to change the router settings from DHCP to PPPoE, it reloads the page, for whatever reason, and because this router wants to be irritating, it only half loads the page, so I cannot click the "save settings" button.

This is what has been done to the router after being reset(red button on the back held in for 10 sec):

I turned on the modem, and plugged directly in to make sure I had internet connection.
I plugged the modem's ethernet into the "Internet" port on the wireless router.
And finally, I plug an ethernet cable from my computer to the 1st port on the wireless router.

Nothing else has been changed. I have not turned on any ridiculous settings. This half-loading router pages is driving me up the wall though. I cannot even troubleshoot the wireless connectivity because I cannot make any changes.

Thanks for any help,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.