majestic1805

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Is there a tool that let's you pick your components (mobo, cpu, RAM, etc) and get a computed tally as what to expect your overall performance for a specific game or application would be?

majestic1805

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
To be honest I've got a couple builds in mind. I could with either a Piledriver 8350 with a Radeon 7950 machine or an I5-3570 with the same GPU. The RAM and motherboard changes as well to fit the CPU. I'm just curious if there's anything to cross-examine benchmarks for motherboards, CPUs, RAM and video cards to spit out an aggregate result given a certain configuration with a given benchmark like BF 3 or 3DMark. That link is a step in the right direction, though, thank you.

Not sure where you see it outperforming or matching the i5 in GAMES... in any CPU intense game its performing 15-30% worse than the i5. Until you get to really high resolutions where the graphic cards starts to become the bottleneck and not the CPU. It is still a decent CPU for the price, but as I said before if you are only focused on games the i5 is still a better performer.

TRENDING THREADS