Sign in with
Your question

Is this a good prebuilt gaming computer?

Last response: in Systems
October 23, 2012 7:19:31 PM

I don't play hardcore games like Battlefield an Skyrim, I leave that to my xbox. I'm talking about MMORPG's like Vindictus, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 3 etc.... Will this run them at 30+ FPS?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-16] (Single Hard Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair XMS)
MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI (Extreme OC Certified)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+91] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

It's 850$, is this a good deal?
October 23, 2012 7:49:47 PM

You would be able to get 30+ fps with this but if you built it yourself you could get a much better rig for $850. It's not that hard lots of guides out there that will take you step-by-step through it. Here's one just to see what you would have to do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
m
l
October 23, 2012 7:55:10 PM

strife_ff7 said:
You would be able to get 30+ fps with this but if you built it yourself you could get a much better rig for $850. It's not that hard lots of guides out there that will take you step-by-step through it. Here's one just to see what you would have to do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

Yea I was considering on building a PC but I heard it was more expensive. I mean time isn't a problem so if builing a PC is cheaper I'll probably build my computer on winterbreak after (hopefully) I get an i5 processor for Christmas. I'll blow out the rest of the money I have and sell this laptop to buy the other things. I looked at those youtube videos yesterday and I must say they're really good xD I'm glad people like him exist it makes it so much easier to understand.

But I'm a noob with computers so I have no idea what kind of motherboard or memory stick or power supply thing I'm supposed to buy for an i5 processor/AMD Radeon 7770 graphics card...
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2012 8:04:50 PM

You can definitely do a bit different and save yourself a bunch of money.

Building is cheaper. And more fun.

You also get a nice sense of accomplishment.
m
l
October 23, 2012 8:06:43 PM

If you ask the community here to come up with a build for 850 bucks, they will do just that, finding the best parts for that money. All you will have to do is put it together, load the OS and software and you are good to go. Its really not hard, you just have to give it a shot.
m
l
October 25, 2012 12:48:44 AM

i would say for your purpose you are overbuilding by a few hundred dollars....imho...you could run just about anything at 40 or 50fps on that setup with med to high textures...thats some real fast hardware...
m
l
October 25, 2012 12:53:00 AM

i got a radeon 7520 and a a6 2.7 dual core and it runs the hardcore games at high textures and high frame rates with no screen tearing and beautiful texts....and i still havent stuck my extra 4 gigs of ddr3 in yet..
m
l
October 25, 2012 1:18:13 AM

Buying a pre-built gaming pc is really overpriced... I was going to just buy one because i had no experience building PCs. Untill i saw how much its worth to save. I got almost double the better parts for cheaper.
Building it was a breeze and much easier than expect and had it finished in a sheer 3hours.

Overall, well worth the time to build it to get better parts. Hate to see companies get the best of people when they do a sub-par job.
m
l
!