Cheap gaming computer build

entezio

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Well I'd like is a PC that can run games like World of Warcraft, Vinictus, Guild Wars 2 and other MMORPG's with 30+ FPS . I leave the heavy duty games to my xbox.

I'm thinking of having the processor be some i5 processor and the graphics card be an AMD Radeon 7770 . I'm going to assume that I'll be getting an i5 processor for Christmas, so that keeps it out of my budget - unless you guys have a better idea for a processor.

My budget is 600$ but if it's a little over I'll try to find something in this house I can sell lol...

So yea, can someone give me a build for my computer please, I'm really eager to make my first computer but I have no idea how to and my dad won't help me until I raise my grades WHICH I'M DOING

Thanks in advance!!!!!

entezio

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012

Nah, I heard the Radeon 7770 was good for weaker games like Guild Wars 2 or Blade and Soul, I'm not going to be playing Crysis or anything.
And I'd like an i5 processor so like, the computer would process things faster o.o
And I heard something about bottlenecking so wouldn't a weaker processor keep the Video Card from running at full potential?

aaab

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

What do you mean the computer would process things faster? What things are you expecting to go faster?
You would need a much faster video card to bottleneck a core i3.

Don't get me wrong, the 7770 IS a good card for weaker games. I'm just suggesting a way to get a better gaming PC for your money.

entezio

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Is someone going to make a build? D:

Are you sure? Like say I had a 7770 with i3 would it run just as good on an MMORPG game as a 7770 with an i5? I mean it's not like I'm buying the processor or anything... I just want to make sure my computer runs these games to its fullest potential.

entezio

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012

On an i3??? Why the heck do people buy i5's and i7's if you're playing friggin highend games on a little i3

MMORPGs like Guild Wars 2 will indeed run better on the i5.
Back during the last couple of beta weekends, my systems were configured differently, with the graphics cards switched. I found that the 970BE+HD7870 was overall faster than the i5-3570K+HD7770, but the latter did not experience the same degree of frame drops and was generally smoother.
I switched the cards when the game came out. Almost immediately, my original mobo in the Intel unit croaked, and for a couple of weeks or so I was running the 970BE+HD7770. I had some settings lowered, but it was a perfectly enjoyable experience, and I did not feel compelled to switch the cards again while waiting.

entezio

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Ok fine I'm just going to stick with an i5 since I'll be playing GW2.
For one, I'm going to be using the computer for all purposes, not just for gaming.
Two, I'm not buying it I'm getting it for christmas so idc.