Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Home Built Computer

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 23, 2012 8:23:41 PM

Hello just wonder if i have all the right parts I need to build my own computer and if they all will fit together.
Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 431
CPU:Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 55W
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX 450W RS450-ACAAD3-US 450W ATX12V v2.31
Motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s
Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB
Video Card: EVGA SSC 01G-P4-3652-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
HDD: Western Digital WD Blue WD2500AAKX 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
CD/DVD Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X

I'm not looking to spend that much more on different parts. Any suggestions are welcome
Thank You

More about : home built computer

a b B Homebuilt system
October 23, 2012 8:32:44 PM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
You look to have a solid build there.
I am going to highly recommend a Solid State Drive for OS/boot as it seems to make the computer seem "more responsive". If you can't budget a small one (80GB-120GB), not a problem, you're set as is.
m
0
l
October 23, 2012 8:33:10 PM

Everything seems to be in order from what I can see.

If you wouldn't mind double checking, have a look through the QVL (Memory verified to work) for your motherboard. [ http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_g... ] Even though your exact RAM may not be listed, could still simply work (probably will!).
m
0
l
Related resources
October 23, 2012 8:42:56 PM

C12Friedman said:
Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
You look to have a solid build there.
I am going to highly recommend a Solid State Drive for OS/boot as it seems to make the computer seem "more responsive". If you can't budget a small one (80GB-120GB), not a problem, you're set as is.


If I got an SSD, I would still keep the HDD right?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 23, 2012 8:47:24 PM

Yes, you can get the smallest (32gb) size SSD and only put your OS on it, I turn my PC off when I am not using it because my boot times to desktop are like 20 seconds, this will help the life of your components in the long run.
m
0
l
October 23, 2012 8:50:02 PM

chugot9218 said:
Yes, you can get the smallest (32gb) size SSD and only put your OS on it, I turn my PC off when I am not using it because my boot times to desktop are like 20 seconds, this will help the life of your components in the long run.

SanDisk ReadyCache SDSSDRC-032G-G26 2.5" 32GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive.....Would this work?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 23, 2012 9:09:59 PM

Yeah, I am not so sure about SanDisk as a brand though, Crucial is good, Samsung is too. Any SSD will work, you just want to find one that is going to be of a high quality (or at least thats what I look for). Make sure you install on the SSD without the HDD plugged in, it prevents any files from splitting across the drives.
m
0
l
October 23, 2012 9:49:46 PM

chugot9218 said:
Yeah, I am not so sure about SanDisk as a brand though, Crucial is good, Samsung is too. Any SSD will work, you just want to find one that is going to be of a high quality (or at least thats what I look for). Make sure you install on the SSD without the HDD plugged in, it prevents any files from splitting across the drives.

ok so after i install the ssd i can install the hdd
m
0
l
October 24, 2012 1:54:23 AM

Do you have an operating system? You'll spend around $90 for Windows 7 home premium and I recommend at least 64gb SSD for it. Actually 120gb is even better. Also I prefer Intel, Samsung, Plexor, Crucial, and OCZ.
m
0
l
!