Home Built Computer

Hello just wonder if i have all the right parts I need to build my own computer and if they all will fit together.
Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 431
CPU:Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 55W
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX 450W RS450-ACAAD3-US 450W ATX12V v2.31
Motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s
Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB
Video Card: EVGA SSC 01G-P4-3652-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
HDD: Western Digital WD Blue WD2500AAKX 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
CD/DVD Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X

I'm not looking to spend that much more on different parts. Any suggestions are welcome
Thank You
10 answers Last reply
More about home built computer
  1. Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
    You look to have a solid build there.
    I am going to highly recommend a Solid State Drive for OS/boot as it seems to make the computer seem "more responsive". If you can't budget a small one (80GB-120GB), not a problem, you're set as is.
  2. Everything seems to be in order from what I can see.

If you wouldn't mind double checking, have a look through the QVL (Memory verified to work) for your motherboard. [ http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-b75m-d3v.pdf ] Even though your exact RAM may not be listed, could still simply work (probably will!).
  3. Thanks
  4. C12Friedman said:
    Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums,
    You look to have a solid build there.
    I am going to highly recommend a Solid State Drive for OS/boot as it seems to make the computer seem "more responsive". If you can't budget a small one (80GB-120GB), not a problem, you're set as is.

If I got an SSD, I would still keep the HDD right?
  5. Yes, you can get the smallest (32gb) size SSD and only put your OS on it, I turn my PC off when I am not using it because my boot times to desktop are like 20 seconds, this will help the life of your components in the long run.
  6. chugot9218 said:
    Yes, you can get the smallest (32gb) size SSD and only put your OS on it, I turn my PC off when I am not using it because my boot times to desktop are like 20 seconds, this will help the life of your components in the long run.

SanDisk ReadyCache SDSSDRC-032G-G26 2.5" 32GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive.....Would this work?
  7. Yeah, I am not so sure about SanDisk as a brand though, Crucial is good, Samsung is too. Any SSD will work, you just want to find one that is going to be of a high quality (or at least thats what I look for). Make sure you install on the SSD without the HDD plugged in, it prevents any files from splitting across the drives.
  8. chugot9218 said:
    Yeah, I am not so sure about SanDisk as a brand though, Crucial is good, Samsung is too. Any SSD will work, you just want to find one that is going to be of a high quality (or at least thats what I look for). Make sure you install on the SSD without the HDD plugged in, it prevents any files from splitting across the drives.

ok so after i install the ssd i can install the hdd
  9. Yup, you can just turn it off and hook up the HDD, turn it on and it will recognize it, if you wanna see it done just watch the relevant part of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RxaVBsXEiok&list=PL291F84A80CA32304
  10. Do you have an operating system? You'll spend around $90 for Windows 7 home premium and I recommend at least 64gb SSD for it. Actually 120gb is even better. Also I prefer Intel, Samsung, Plexor, Crucial, and OCZ.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems