Sign in with
Your question

DayZ (ARMA2/3) Requirment~ New build.

Last response: in Systems
October 23, 2012 8:56:25 PM

The details that I detain from other site, as what to make up my rig are.

A Cpu as i5- 3570
Video card, Asus GTX 660 CU 2GB
4GB ram

In my understanding, I believe this will run the majority of the games available currently -quite smoothly; or at-least up to par. Although, from expert gamer say, that -Arma 3 is a "extremely" demanding game to run properly, or efficiently smooth while gaming. The i5- 3570 currently will dominate Arma2 DayZ, and the Video card GTX 660(2gb) will be over-power for Arma2, but will Arma 3 be difficult to run? Including the fact that the modded version for Arma 3 for DayZ will be maybe more demanding in my opinion, as the DayZ mod for Arma3 will have to run many players in a multiplayer server setting, as well as the computerize bot "zombie" that spawn in the game; all of these will add up, again "I believe" in my opinion a more demanding game for computer rigs than its orginal platform Arma2 and Arma3.

So to sum it up, I believe the factor for Arma3 requirment will go beyond "recommended", due to its modded version with extra nicks and knacks added to the game. Leading to a misleading requirment title for the game for Arma players who specifcly buy Arma for the DayZ.

I don't want to leave this thread without the factor that DayZ might not be included as a mod in the Arma3 series, but might venture into its own game. Althought DayZ will still use Arma3 Platform and engine, the requirement for my argument still is valid for discussion, as the engine for DayZ will be Arma3 still; different Game, but same engine and program running both.

As the developer of Arma3 said in an interview for E3 said that
" We were able to run Arma3 with just a single GTX 680 and i7"
But he also added that if the distance render were increase then the Demo would have been laggy; they had to shorten the distance for the demo preview of Arma3.

Thank you for reading, and keep your argument respectful and under control.
Thanks again.

NON update requirment, but still a good picture of its spec for the upcoming game for Arma3.
Arma 3 system requirements:

OS – Windows 7 / Vista
CPU – Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
GPU – Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770, shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
RAM – 2 GB
HDD – 15 GB free space
DVD – Dual Layer compatible
DirectX® – 10
October 23, 2012 9:43:50 PM

You should be fine for Arma 3 with those specs.
!