G

Hello,
When I try to use my HDMI cable to connect my TV (Which can be ued as a monitor, and I am currently using it as a monitor) to my PC, nothing comes through on the HDMI setting on my TV. Please can anybody help?
My TV is HDMI compatible, and my computer is a Dell XPS 8500 with the 2GB AMD Radeon HD 7770.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There are two hdmi outputs on the back of your Dell XPS 8500.

The one labelled in white writing as hdmi is used by the computer's integrated graphics and is not in use. It can be enabled in the system bios but because you have a discrete video card (Radeon HD 7770) your system is configured to use the other hdmi port.

The other hdmi port is not labelled as hdmi and is located next to the dvi port (white colour outward port) Try giving that a go.

dingo07

Distinguished
your tv might also need to be turned off for a minute or so, then turned on while the cable is connected, in order to be able to select the correct input - sometimes the "handshake" doesn't happen

G

I have made some progress. I am currently using a VGA cable, which the highest resolution for my TV s 1440x900. For my TV, HDMI does not support 1440x900. So I keep getting "Mode not supported" message every time I go on HDMI. Do you guys know a resoluton that works forboth VGA and HDMI?

fidgitasm

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
i'm having this exact same problem, except after installing the drivers on my new card, it displays 'invalid format' instead of 'no signal'.
no idea what to do...

TRENDING THREADS