Closed

Scanjet 4c driver for XP

a b \ Driver
a b α HP
May 2, 2004 11:34:47 AM

I know HP doesn't make a driver for this, but has anyone
figured out a work around? I hate to trash this scanner.
It really is a good one. I don't want to have to keep
another computer around with 98SE on it, just for this!

More about : scanjet driver

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
May 2, 2004 7:59:51 PM

Hello
Here are some drivers for XP I am not sure what or where you are at.
http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_tool=prodhomes%...

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Joe Mama" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know HP doesn't make a driver for this, but has anyone
> figured out a work around? I hate to trash this scanner.
> It really is a good one. I don't want to have to keep
> another computer around with 98SE on it, just for this!
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b α HP
May 3, 2004 3:54:52 PM

The Hp 4p has a supported inbox WIA (Windows Image Acquisition) driver in
Windows XP. All you need to do is plug the scanner in and PnP should detect
and install the driver for you. There is nothing to download unless you want
some of the 'features' provided by HP.

For a list of Scanners supported inbox in Windows XP:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/stillimage/XP_WIAd...
--
Tom Aaron

purposes only.

"Haus" <youknow@iwillslapyou> wrote in message
> Hello
> Here are some drivers for XP I am not sure what or where you are at.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_tool=prodhomes%...

> --
> Hope This Helps
> Haus
> Not a MS-MVP
> Not a MVP
> Not nothing, just a good ole boy.
> "Joe Mama" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I know HP doesn't make a driver for this, but has anyone
> > figured out a work around? I hate to trash this scanner.
> > It really is a good one. I don't want to have to keep
> > another computer around with 98SE on it, just for this!

Related resources
August 15, 2010 5:24:06 PM

I have tired this and it does not work. I keep getting errors and HP no longer has the driver available. I actually found my original driver but it is on a 3" floppy....who can read a 3" floppy these days? Any suggestions? Windows doe snot link my scanner.
a b \ Driver
August 16, 2010 7:09:53 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!