Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

First build suggestions

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
October 23, 2012 9:37:58 PM

Okay im building my first computer just for playing games on highest settings, no other purposes at all. Here are the parts

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard - Asus P8B75-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage - Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card - Radeon HD 7850, don't know which brand, a 2gb one
Case - Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU - XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Optical Drive - Sony DDU1681S-0B DVD/CD Drive

My main questions are whether the motherboard is sufficient and how am i suppost to get sound on my computer, do i just buy a speaker and plug it in, secondly is that PSU reliable, as i've never head of the brand XFX, i think all the parts are compatible, please tell me if they are not, because im not entirely sure. I think thats everything, if there is anything i should know before purchasing, let me know, also which brand video card should i get.
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THESE PARTS - THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Link to motherboard - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8B7...

More about : build suggestions

a b B Homebuilt system
October 23, 2012 9:48:13 PM

1) The motherboard is fine. For a regular i5 you don't need much more than that.

2) That power supply is Seasonic made if I believe, and they are some of the best in the business. Everything looks fine.
October 23, 2012 10:01:04 PM

Deemo13 said:
1) The motherboard is fine. For a regular i5 you don't need much more than that.

2) That power supply is Seasonic made if I believe, and they are some of the best in the business. Everything looks fine.

thanks for answering, erm so would i just plug a speaker in and download the sound card drivers off of motherboard website, and would i get sound?
also do i need to buy a cpu cooler? or would i be fine with the stock one i get with processor, THANKS
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b B Homebuilt system
October 23, 2012 10:11:01 PM

If you are not overclocking....which you can't with that processor and board, you don't need a new CPU cooler. To install the sound card, usually you would use the motherboard driver disc. It comes with all of the drivers, obviously.
October 23, 2012 11:05:45 PM

Deemo13 said:
If you are not overclocking....which you can't with that processor and board, you don't need a new CPU cooler. To install the sound card, usually you would use the motherboard driver disc. It comes with all of the drivers, obviously.

Do you get a little speaker with the motherboard, because if not how am i suppost to get sound, i know there is ones no bigger than a pencil, that just plug straight into the motherboard, is that included? thanks
a b B Homebuilt system
October 23, 2012 11:15:25 PM

Sometimes they come with the motherboard and sometimes they are just on the motherboard.

Do you mean like motherboard speakers that make like beeps and stuff?
October 23, 2012 11:22:25 PM

Deemo13 said:
Sometimes they come with the motherboard and sometimes they are just on the motherboard.

Do you mean like motherboard speakers that make like beeps and stuff?

this is my first build so i don't really know how to get audio from the computer, do i just buy a speaker, plug it in the case and download the drivers, and watch it work? or do i need to buy a sound card?
October 24, 2012 12:02:23 AM

You get default sound when you use the mobo, juts plug in speakers.

Also get a bit cheaper CPU and get a 7870 2GB, you can get one for like $220 :p