Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is there any problems with seasonic s12ii 430? As i had

Last response: in Components
March 7, 2013 11:07:45 AM

Firstly i struggled with my first build since 2 months. At first my system working fine except a small noice from my iball 400w psu. I have read all over the internet that bad psu's may take parts along with them. So i ordered seasonic S12II 430 .
After replacing with this seasonic.... my system initially restarted several times occasionally, after that its only booting up at the second instance( at first instance all fans are running but no display). I updated bios and checked all things. After some days i figured that my IGPU not enabling if i removed my gpu..(initially worked fine)
So i sent it to intel and they have sent me another dh77eb mobo (which looking cheaper and somewhat older than mine)
but same problem persists with that one too..one thing i was happy about that this time the igpu is working fine..
I replaced this seasonic with the iball 400w and the system booting normally and everythings fine........

Whats the **ing wrong with my 70$(3650rs) seasonic while this (some say junk) 10$ iball working fine .. PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM....

PROCESSOR I5 3450
MOBO intel DH77EB
RAM 8 GB 1333

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
March 7, 2013 11:11:53 AM

Could be a busted power supply. It happens with all hardware no matter how awesome the company is. You could test it with a paper clip and if it still fails, RMA it.

How to test your PSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4
March 7, 2013 12:38:55 PM

But on the second attempt its working flawlessly with that seasonic , All the thing frustrating me is every time i started my system its taking two trails.. (but not after restarting from windows)

Anyway thanks for ur suggestion
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 7, 2013 12:43:49 PM

Could be a power button issue? Those things wear out as well. I've done a numerous re-wiring to connect the power butting to the reset button.
m
l
March 7, 2013 1:05:58 PM

k. i wll check that out
m
l
March 7, 2013 1:13:33 PM

No issue with the power button because its working nice with that iball psu and system booting on first attempt......, I will try to rma it,
how should i approach them to replace this working seasonic psu( working means its providing power all the day without interruption except the starting issue)
thanq bouncedk
m
l
a b ) Power supply
March 7, 2013 1:29:55 PM

Just mention your pc will not start up reliably, it takes a few tries. You should be ok.
m
l
March 7, 2013 1:53:26 PM

k. thanks for ur help
m
l
March 7, 2013 2:09:34 PM

Best answer selected by manu1532.
m
l
!