Looking for the smallest case to fit this hardware

elohelz

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hey all,

with the help of tom's hardware and various other sources, I'm decided to upgrade my 7 year old ( :whistle: ) gaming rig with the following hardware (feel free to point out better alternatives for comparable prices if you think of any):

Intel Core i5-3570K

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155

GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7950 3GB

SAMSUNG Spinpoint 1TB 7200 RPM (likely will also get a small SSD for the OS)

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM (may lower this to 8)

I'll be reusing the power supply (750W?) in my old rig. I'm essentially trying to build the best gaming rig I can for ~$1,000, but I would also like it to be ultra-portable. I do a lot of LAN parties, and lugging around my big/heavy ass case is getting a little old.

I saw my buddy had stuffed a full gaming rig into a very tiny case with almost no room, and then he just liquid cools it and doesn't have any overheating issues. I'd like to do the same if I can, but his case is no longer made. Does anyone have any suggestions for a small case that could fit all of this hardware, even if it needs liquid cooling to make everything fit?

Thanks

They have only one expansion slot, namely the pci-e x16 graphics slot.
Most of us do not need any more.

They will only have two ram slots, but 16gb should be enough.

The cheaper ones will not have such good voltage regulation which will limit top overclocks.
But, the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe I linked to is well designed for overclocking, that is why it is more expensive.

I think the newegg reviews might give you a better idea of what it is all about.

Asrock has one that looks promising too. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157312