Sign in with
Your question

How do I get AMD Catalyst Control Center Back!?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 28, 2012 4:18:49 PM

Crazy story but to make it short I lost this thing http://tinyurl.com/8skyfxy
basicly I was trying to get my ccc to open when I had it but it wouldn't, would just do the little blue spinning circle a few times and not open...
I still have the drivers and everything and Yes I have uninstalled everything 4 times now and installed fresh etc but it never gave me the AMD Catalyst Control Center so I can get back to monitoring my gpu.
I hope someone here can save me with a brilliant answer because I've been googling this stuff for the last 3 hours from fixing it not popping up to getting it back.
Thank you in advance if you help me :) 
a b À AMD
August 28, 2012 5:16:58 PM

Unless you have Crossfire cards, you really dont even need it. You can get a program like MSI Afterburner to monitor your GPU. Its what I use. I have it so I can see the temperature of the GPU as an overlay in game.

I didn't have CCC for months because it didn't work.
m
l
August 28, 2012 5:44:15 PM

Deemo13 said:
Unless you have Crossfire cards, you really dont even need it. You can get a program like MSI Afterburner to monitor your GPU. Its what I use. I have it so I can see the temperature of the GPU as an overlay in game.

I didn't have CCC for months because it didn't work.

Well this makes me feel better although it's to late, I now have gray hair at 17...
With CCC when I tried overclocking my gpu a little it said the overclock don't take place till the card needs it like at load, is that how msi is?
I don't want to have it overclocking when for instance I'm just typing this...
I found a spare program right now called SAPPHIRE TRIXX and it seems to substitute what ccc did but when I just overclocked my 6950 from 820 to 860 I noticed imediatly the temperature rose to 50c from 44c so I think that indicates it's overclocking for nothing right now /;
m
l
Related resources
a b À AMD
August 28, 2012 5:54:00 PM

Well, I recommend MSI Afterburner because it is nice and easy to work with. You can set a fan curve to change the fan speed according to the temperature.

Though it seems like that utility is similar to the MSI Afterburner. Either should hold you over for awhile as long as you don't feel the need to get more than one GPU.
m
l
a b À AMD
August 28, 2012 7:22:46 PM

what is your graphic card name and model alos on the install of ccc does all module report install with succes
m
l
!