Nvidia own brand is better...?

toty

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hello,

I just purchased a 560ti made by Nvidia themselves and I dont know if Im right but I think it outperformed my old EVGA 570.

Is that possible? Diablo 3 is SO smooth now, with all high settings on, everything working on high quality demand where the 570 was choppy once a while!

Are Nvidia made GPUs better or more reliable in any ways than EVGA, PNY, MSI, etc? My guess is yes, they are the creators of these cards, but I want to hear other people's opinions.

Thanks

No, that is not possible :). Nvidia cards are actually worse: they all have stock cooling and core/memory clocks, while other companies add custom coolers (which are better) and overclock the cards.

As for increase in diablo 3: even card 2 times slower than GTX 560 Ti can max it out at 60 fps, so your issue definitely was not the graphics card.

G

While there is nothing wrong with the reference cards from NVIDIA... the other vendors add their own touch, better cooling, higher clock rates, etc.
I doubt the 560ti is really getting better fps, if you could do a fraps run in the same area or some test to prove that its not a placebo affect. Unless you had a highly underclocked or damaged 570, it should have yielded better FPS. Or it could have been a old driver issue, or you were playing a much lower resolution causing the CPU to work more and not let the GPU strut its stuff. All this is just speculation of course as we dont know the details.

toty

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012

I really doubt that, I also have a 550 ti on me and it can barely be played with in 1900x1080 low quality settings

Toty, you must have some issues then.

high%201920.png

toty

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
No, my psu is a 850, it was handling every other game fine but for some reason, in diablo it didnt.

I guess it is the drivers then, I dont see any other explanation, but really, that different???