WoD 2 art preview

I. Inayat wrote:

> The http://www.worldofdarkness.com site now has art previews for the World of
> Darkness Rulebook and Vampire: the Requiem. Click on the above link, then on
> the WoD symbol.

It's purdy, is what it is.
--
Stephenls
Geek

"Stephenls"
> I. Inayat wrote:

> > The http://www.worldofdarkness.com site now has art previews for the
World of
> > Darkness Rulebook and Vampire: the Requiem. Click on the above link,
then on
> > the WoD symbol.

> It's purdy, is what it is.

2_lores: I adore this. This is what was missing from Vampire in the
Revision, I think.

------------
Shane Graves

Stephenls wrote:

> I. Inayat wrote:
>
> > The http://www.worldofdarkness.com site now has art previews for the World of
> > Darkness Rulebook and Vampire: the Requiem. Click on the above link, then on
> > the WoD symbol.
>
> It's purdy, is what it is.

I like the apparent willingness to be flamboyant in ways that aren't
punk.

--
Elizabeth D. Brooks | kali.magdalene@comcast.net | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG

Julie d'Aubigny <kali.magdalene@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<407F9C64.85DBA0B5@comcast.net>...

> I like the apparent willingness to be flamboyant in ways that aren't
> punk.

Punk is so 20th century.

So, the 'Disciplines' will be called 'Lores'?

Daniel

--

my homepage : http://hd42.de

'Life is wasted on the living' - Zaphod Beeblebrox the Fourth

Daniel Hohenberger wrote:

> So, the 'Disciplines' will be called 'Lores'?

Where did you read that?
--

Stephenls wrote:

> Daniel Hohenberger wrote:
>
>> So, the 'Disciplines' will be called 'Lores'?
>

> Where did you read that?

The titles of the images... they're called vtr1_lores.jpg and
vtr2_lores.jpg As Lores is not a part of the artist's name, I assume it
relates to the part of the books it illustrates. And as long as this is
not willfull misdirection or something else is called lores, this might
just be the name of the new 1337 super-powerz. Or I might be reading way
too much in this.

Daniel

--

Daniel wrote:
>The titles of the images... they're called vtr1_lores.jpg and
>vtr2_lores.jpg As Lores is not a part of the artist's name, I assume it
>relates to the part of the books it illustrates.

Try: Shorthand for LOw RESolution.

Phil

Daniel Hohenberger wrote:

> Stephenls wrote:
>
> > Daniel Hohenberger wrote:
> >
> >> So, the 'Disciplines' will be called 'Lores'?
> >

> > Where did you read that?
>
> The titles of the images... they're called vtr1_lores.jpg and
> vtr2_lores.jpg As Lores is not a part of the artist's name, I assume it
> relates to the part of the books it illustrates. And as long as this is
> not willfull misdirection or something else is called lores, this might
> just be the name of the new 1337 super-powerz. Or I might be reading way
> too much in this.

Nah, you're probably right. WW likes to reuse names for, y'know,
everything (for the cool links... sometimes), so it's more-than-possible
that the new powers will be called Lores.

Daniel Hohenberger wrote:

> The titles of the images... they're called vtr1_lores.jpg and
> vtr2_lores.jpg As Lores is not a part of the artist's name, I assume it
> relates to the part of the books it illustrates. And as long as this is
> not willfull misdirection or something else is called lores, this might
> just be the name of the new 1337 super-powerz. Or I might be reading way
> too much in this.

Those are full-pagers, and thus most likely they're going to be used for
chapter intro pics. The "low res" hypothesis seems much more likely
than the "White Wolf is going to waste a full page illustrating each
supernatural power with a picture that doesn't clearly show any
supernatural powers in use" hypothesis.
--

Phillip Ames wrote:
> Try: Shorthand for LOw RESolution.

Quite possible, although I'd find it quite strange to call the
thumbnails vtr1_loresthumb.jpg instead of vtr1_thumb.jpg then...

Oh - the joys of groundless speculation ;-)

Daniel

--

in article c5umq6$649gd$1@ID-153638.news.uni-berlin.de, Daniel Hohenberger
at nagash@hd42.de wrote on 4/18/04 4:01 PM:

> Quite possible, although I'd find it quite strange to call the
> thumbnails vtr1_loresthumb.jpg instead of vtr1_thumb.jpg then...

One wonders what speculations would be drawn from a file labeled
vtr1_hiresthumb.jpg.

--
Ethan Skemp
WWGS

william

Ethan Skemp wrote:
> in article c5umq6$649gd$1@ID-153638.news.uni-berlin.de, Daniel Hohenberger
> at nagash@hd42.de wrote on 4/18/04 4:01 PM:
>

>>Quite possible, although I'd find it quite strange to call the
>>thumbnails vtr1_loresthumb.jpg instead of vtr1_thumb.jpg then...
>

> One wonders what speculations would be drawn from a file labeled
> vtr1_hiresthumb.jpg.

Obviously it is the new and updated rules for allies/contacts, which
include provisions for getting them with money rather than experience.

William

In the borning days of the third millennium, Stephenls wrote:
>Those are full-pagers, and thus most likely they're going to be used for
>chapter intro pics. The "low res" hypothesis seems much more likely
>than the "White Wolf is going to waste a full page illustrating each
>supernatural power with a picture that doesn't clearly show any
>supernatural powers in use" hypothesis.

What do you mean "not in use"? I clearly see use of the "Hang around on
rooftops with a dead naked chick", "Hang around on a pile of skulls in a
cemetery", and "Hang around in a crypt". Obviously, the Lores will all
revolve around looking gothy and acting cool. This shows that the entire
focus of the game will be much more fashion-oriented that previous games,
perhaps even with a designer clothing tie-in.

I imagine you'll be seeing ads for this in Hot Topic any day now.

[You're right, baseless speculation _IS_ fun.]

--
Brian Merchant (remove "example." to email me)

Reading Slashdot is like attending a meeting of Mensa in the same hall
where they're giving away WWF Smackdown tickets in exchange for chickens.