GTX 560 TI Not running properly

PresidentSwag

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
Hey guys. I just recently had a new build on my computer and everything was fine until last week. Out of random my fps dropped HUGE in EVERY game. It runs slow until I restart my computer, then it works fine. This just happen today as well. Same thing, I restart me computer and everything is back to normal. My drivers are up to date and there is nothing else weird (noises, etc.)
Any ideas?

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD A8 3850
Motherboard: ASUS F1A75-V PRO FM1 AMD A75
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GFX: GTX 560 TI TWIN FROZR II 2GBDDR3
Power Supply: 600W Corsair

Any help is much appreciated.

Yes, it's normal to go to low core clock when it's idling. Though, stucking low while gaming is an issue. It could be power issue, or driver issue. Or even faulty card. Did you overclock the card? Did you connect two 6-pin power connectors from your power supply directly to your graphics card?

PresidentSwag

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2012
I overclocked it before, but never in the weeks before it started to run slow. The connectors are directly to the card. May I add that before I had and hp machine with the 600W psu and GTX 560 TI. Everything was fine then and this never happen. Just recently was when this problem occurred, after I got a new motherboard and case. I had the card for about 6 months now and its been fine. Same goes with the psu. Must be a driver thing then I guess?