Sign in with
Your question

GTX 560 TI Not running properly

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 28, 2012 5:51:54 PM

Hey guys. I just recently had a new build on my computer and everything was fine until last week. Out of random my fps dropped HUGE in EVERY game. It runs slow until I restart my computer, then it works fine. This just happen today as well. Same thing, I restart me computer and everything is back to normal. My drivers are up to date and there is nothing else weird (noises, etc.)
Any ideas?

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD A8 3850
Motherboard: ASUS F1A75-V PRO FM1 AMD A75
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GFX: GTX 560 TI TWIN FROZR II 2GBDDR3
Power Supply: 600W Corsair

Any help is much appreciated.
August 28, 2012 6:06:30 PM

I have that program and the core clock is at 880 when lag starts. Thats the default clock at all times.
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
August 28, 2012 6:07:06 PM

Are you checking the graph and not the slider?
August 28, 2012 6:23:02 PM

Nope. Slider says 880. The thing is my usage graph still goes to 99% when I play with the lag. So its trying to run. Do you think its over heating?
a b Î Nvidia
August 28, 2012 6:24:30 PM

No, if it was overheating the usage would drop. Check the core clock in the graph. The slider doesn't update if something happens to the GPU. It the GPU clock target, but GPU clock might be different than it says.
August 28, 2012 6:32:36 PM

So lets say the core clock is very low. Why is this happening? Like I said before this only happens once in awhile. Next time I will be sure to look.
August 28, 2012 6:38:15 PM

Also I would like to add, when my pc is idling, the Core clock goes to about 50. Is this normal? Or should it always stay at 880?
a b Î Nvidia
August 28, 2012 6:48:26 PM

Yes, it's normal to go to low core clock when it's idling. Though, stucking low while gaming is an issue. It could be power issue, or driver issue. Or even faulty card. Did you overclock the card? Did you connect two 6-pin power connectors from your power supply directly to your graphics card?
August 28, 2012 6:56:55 PM

I overclocked it before, but never in the weeks before it started to run slow. The connectors are directly to the card. May I add that before I had and hp machine with the 600W psu and GTX 560 TI. Everything was fine then and this never happen. Just recently was when this problem occurred, after I got a new motherboard and case. I had the card for about 6 months now and its been fine. Same goes with the psu. Must be a driver thing then I guess?
a b Î Nvidia
August 28, 2012 8:57:02 PM

I suppose so. I'd try reinstalling windows at this point because it's much easier to do than try fixing drivers, because you never know if you succeeded. Anyway, if it still happens after windows reinstall, I'd suggest calling the warranty.
!