ATI Radeon HD 4850 GFX monitor doesnt support?

cjbritt92

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hello, I'm new here and I've been using these forums while I was plugging up my power supply to my motherboard, parts, etc. Now the computer comes on and it shows "Lenovo" after I hit the power button.

After that the only thing that shows up is a command prompt. Like the computer is waiting for me to type something.

I have everything working after 2hrs of tinkering ad now I'm confused.

What do I do to get my computer to start up Windows 7. All I did was move my mother board from my small tower to my larger one so that I could install my video card.

maui67

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

You think you're confused....

So are the rest of us! What does this question have to do with an HD 4850 video card!?!

I have everything working after 2hrs of tinkering ad now I'm confused.
So is everything working or not?

LOL!

if all you did was move the motherboard, hdd, and such to a new tower, did you make sure you reconnected everything as it was in the old case?
Especially, did you connect the harddrive to the same sata port? Did you connect the power cable to the harddrive?

cjbritt92

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
The fact that it worked fine until I tried to run it with the video card in that it wont fully boot up.

I figured it had something to do with the card it's self.

But I will go back and double check all my plugs I may have overlooked the harddrive while plugging everything back in.

EDIT: I still get the same display I am not sure if it's related to the Video card but since that is the only new thing I've added I thought it was the cause.

EDIT2; I fixed it I went back through and replugged in everything again and it's up now. not the biggest question is since I do not know where the CD that came with my HD 4850 is there any other way to install the files needed to have my computer recognized and use the card and not the internal one?