Nokia 6600 help please...

I have a contract Nokia 6600 mobile that I want to give to my son, when I
put in his pay as you go sim, it keeps on coming up that it want's to
connect to GPRS connection, no matter what or where you are on the phone
this pop up comes up.

The sim card my son is using is quite an old one, would this be the problem?
I have tried to get rid of the internet settings on the phone but it doesn't
seem to have done the trick.

Would getting the phone a new sim, or getting the phone unlocked solve it?

I bow down to your superior knowledge!

TIA

G@zz@
6 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6600 please

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:16:42 +0000, G@zz@ wrote:

    > I have a contract Nokia 6600 mobile that I want to give to my son, when I
    > put in his pay as you go sim, it keeps on coming up that it want's to
    > connect to GPRS connection, no matter what or where you are on the phone
    > this pop up comes up.

    Perhaps it's some app. you've got installed doing it.

    > The sim card my son is using is quite an old one, would this be the problem?
    > I have tried to get rid of the internet settings on the phone but it doesn't
    > seem to have done the trick.
    >
    > Would getting the phone a new sim, or getting the phone unlocked solve it?
    >
    > I bow down to your superior knowledge!

    You could try:

    Warm reset: *#7780# + PIN ... Reboots, resets INIs, but leaves user
    installed apps, photos, data, etc.

    Cold reset: *#7370# + PIN ... Factory defaults and WIPES EVERYTHING except
    the SIM.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:16:42 GMT, "G@zz@" <G@zz@CFC.Co.Uk> wrote:

    >I have a contract Nokia 6600 mobile that I want to give to my son, when I
    >put in his pay as you go sim, it keeps on coming up that it want's to
    >connect to GPRS connection, no matter what or where you are on the phone
    >this pop up comes up.
    >
    >The sim card my son is using is quite an old one, would this be the problem?
    >I have tried to get rid of the internet settings on the phone but it doesn't
    >seem to have done the trick.
    >
    >Would getting the phone a new sim, or getting the phone unlocked solve it?
    >
    >I bow down to your superior knowledge!
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >G@zz@

    some networks have an 'Active' screen thats always connected to GPRS,
    you don't get charged for it as its an always on service. O2 do it.
    But if the PAYG SIM is a different network to the one that was in the
    phone to start with there my be conflicts and thats whats showing, its
    saying you don't have the right settings.

    What network is the SIM and Phone on ?

    --

    E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    My Cornea Transplant log
    www.davessite.co.uk/eye

    Want your say about the Gov,Forum at
    www.walesgov.co.uk

    "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:16:42 +0000, G@zz@ wrote:
    >
    >> I have a contract Nokia 6600 mobile that I want to give to my son, when I
    >> put in his pay as you go sim, it keeps on coming up that it want's to
    >> connect to GPRS connection, no matter what or where you are on the phone
    >> this pop up comes up.
    >
    > Perhaps it's some app. you've got installed doing it.
    >
    >> The sim card my son is using is quite an old one, would this be the
    >> problem?
    >> I have tried to get rid of the internet settings on the phone but it
    >> doesn't
    >> seem to have done the trick.
    >>
    >> Would getting the phone a new sim, or getting the phone unlocked solve
    >> it?
    >>
    >> I bow down to your superior knowledge!
    >
    > You could try:
    >
    > Warm reset: *#7780# + PIN ... Reboots, resets INIs, but leaves user
    > installed apps, photos, data, etc.
    >
    > Cold reset: *#7370# + PIN ... Factory defaults and WIPES EVERYTHING except
    > the SIM.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Turner
    > Email (ROT13)
    > zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    Cheers Michael will go the reset route :)

    G@zz@

    "BORG" <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 22:16:42 GMT, "G@zz@" <G@zz@CFC.Co.Uk> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a contract Nokia 6600 mobile that I want to give to my son, when I
    >>put in his pay as you go sim, it keeps on coming up that it want's to
    >>connect to GPRS connection, no matter what or where you are on the phone
    >>this pop up comes up.
    >>
    >>The sim card my son is using is quite an old one, would this be the
    >>problem?
    >>I have tried to get rid of the internet settings on the phone but it
    >>doesn't
    >>seem to have done the trick.
    >>
    >>Would getting the phone a new sim, or getting the phone unlocked solve it?
    >>
    >>I bow down to your superior knowledge!
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>
    >>G@zz@
    >>

    > some networks have an 'Active' screen thats always connected to GPRS,
    > you don't get charged for it as its an always on service. O2 do it.
    > But if the PAYG SIM is a different network to the one that was in the
    > phone to start with there my be conflicts and thats whats showing, its
    > saying you don't have the right settings.
    >
    > What network is the SIM and Phone on ?
    >

    > --
    >
    > E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
    > watch out for spam trap in header
    >
    > My Cornea Transplant log
    > www.davessite.co.uk/eye
    >
    > Want your say about the Gov,Forum at
    > www.walesgov.co.uk

    Both network and sim are Orange.

    G@zz@

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:14:08 +0000, BORG wrote:

    > some networks have an 'Active' screen thats always connected to GPRS,
    > you don't get charged for it as its an always on service. O2 do it.
    > But if the PAYG SIM is a different network to the one that was in the
    > phone to start with there my be conflicts and thats whats showing, its
    > saying you don't have the right settings.
    >
    > What network is the SIM and Phone on ?

    More likely it's showing that something in the phone, like having the
    bundled ICQ or AOL rubbish running, or a third-party user installed
    app. is running and wants GPRS 'net access.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:14:08 +0000, BORG wrote:
    >
    >> some networks have an 'Active' screen thats always connected to GPRS,
    >> you don't get charged for it as its an always on service. O2 do it.
    >> But if the PAYG SIM is a different network to the one that was in the
    >> phone to start with there my be conflicts and thats whats showing, its
    >> saying you don't have the right settings.
    >>
    >> What network is the SIM and Phone on ?
    >
    > More likely it's showing that something in the phone, like having the
    > bundled ICQ or AOL rubbish running, or a third-party user installed
    > app. is running and wants GPRS 'net access.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Turner
    > Email (ROT13)
    > zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    My Son did the hard reset this morning and all is well now :)

    Thanks Again!

    G@zz@

Nokia Phones Connection