Crashing Issues. Need help finding what the source is

wannabeklutz

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Hello everyone! I am in dire need of help finding out what is causing my desktop to crash in the middle of games. I am open to any ideas as to how to figure this out. I am grateful for any insight into this matter. Thank you.

First off, the specs:
MSI-Z77MA-G45 Mobo
Intel Core i5 3570K CPU
Corsair XM3 2x8GB 16 GB RAM
Sapphire HD 6950 OC Edition x2 in crossfire
Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200RPM HDD
SeaSonic X750 750W PSU
Cooler Master X6 Elite CPU Heatsink
SilverStone Temjin Series TJ08B-E
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

What happens is that often times, while playing either LoL or HoN(MOBA's), I crash in game, and have to start the game again, in which by the time I actually load into the game, I crash again.
This leads me to believe a possible graphics or memory issue, though I'm not sure. If it was just the games, I would suspect my graphics card, due to the 3D rendering. However, I crash a lot in Chrome too, while I'm browsing, suddenly a page crashes, giving you the Chrome "Whoa! Google Chrome has crashed!" screen. This makes me not think it's a graphics issue, because my GPU-Z reports a max temperature of the primary video card at around 67C under full load.

Now I've run memtest86+ for about 24 hours on my desktop and in that time, i received 2 errors in total. Might be an issue, though doesn't seem terribly likely.
I've also set all my clocks on my desktop to default settings, both memory and CPU, and still this occurs.

Funny thing, when I first got the build, I was able to use OC Genie II without a problem, it would load Windows fine. Now, however, whenever I run it, it gives me a BSOD every time I'm about to load into Windows, and then resets again.

What should I do? What's the best way to pinpoint the issue of my constant game crashes?

wannabeklutz

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012

Fixed the BSOD issue. Turns out that was due to my SATA setting being in AHCI and not IDE mode. I don't have an SSD so that doesn't matter. And yes, I tried MalwareBytes and Super Anti Spyware to no avail. =[ Still unable to find the root cause.

I have run a 3DMark11 test on my system, and you can see the results here http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4738847 . I'm getting the following error message "Unable to verify AMD Catalyst tessellation setting, result invalid." Could this have to do with why I'm crashing so much?