GTX 560 Ti, No sound?

I just finished building my PC, and i can get sound from the 3.5 rear pannel green jack(regular speakers), but if i try to get the sound to come from the HDMI of my video card i just dont hear anything, i tried connecting my TV to the HDMI but still nothing..

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Under device manager i get 4 Nvidia High definition audio and 1 Realtek high definition audio btw
23 answers Last reply
More about sound
  1. is the nvidia high definition audio enabled? make sure its enabled when you try to send audio over hdmi

the 560 has its own onboard audio device so there is not connection that needs to be made to the card so the problem is all software..make sure the audio drivers are installed its part of the nvidia package and then make sure its enabled in windows too
  2. control panel/sound............. select the device you want audio to function on. ( onboard (realtek) or HDMI )
  3. drums101 said:
    is the nvidia high definition audio enabled? make sure its enabled when you try to send audio over hdmi

the 560 has its own onboard audio device so there is not connection that needs to be made to the card so the problem is all software..make sure the audio drivers are installed its part of the nvidia package and then make sure its enabled in windows too

Swifty: I changte from the speakers audio to HDMI but still no sound, i can see the audio bars moving as if they were receiving audio, but no audio from hdmi

Drums: I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver from the nvidia page, I am enabling it, changing it from the speakers to the HDMI but still no sound, the speakers work fine thou.

Ill re-install the drivers to see if that fixes it.
  4. what is the hdmi cable hooked up to? a tv? if so make sure the tv volume is up and/or the tv doesnt have the speakers disabled
  5. I have it connected to my Monitor which has integrated speakers, and tried to connect the HDMI to my TV, through a receiver(I use a WDTV Live Media Box and it works fine using this connection)

I just reinstalled the drivers but still no sound :/ I keep doing the "Test" on my monitor speakers and i see the green bars moving as if there was sound being transmitted but no luck with any actual sound out of it.

What can be wrong =[

In the Nvidia Control Panel int he audio option, i can see that the HDMI option is enabled and it has my monitors name, so it is being detected
  6. so you are saying that when connected to the receiver the audio worked fine but when you connect it to the monitor it doesnt work anymore? sounds like an issue with the monitor...maybe you should try lowering the sound quality sometimes crappy devices cant use higher sound quality
  7. No, sorry.

I meant to say that I have used a WDTV Live Media Box connected using HDMI and i there is audio. But, when i connect the HDMI from my Pc to my TV i get no audio.

So it cant be the monitor, something seems to be wrong with the audio on the card itself?
  8. hmm that is odd....are you connecting the monitor up to the hdmi port on the card or are you using a dvi to hdmi adapter?
  9. the tv itself has it's own control panel. try looking there for something like "use tv speakers" if that's what you want to use. or add on speakers if that's what you use.
  10. he said that he has used the monitor with a different setup and the audio worked fine using hdmi input..I am kinda stumped here I dont have a clue why this is not working....it seems like everything is set up the way its supposed to be
  11. Did you use a really old hdmi cable or buy a really cheap on that doesnt support audio? I had that happen with my tv when I first bought it.
  12. ^^ this is a good point...try and use the same cable that you used when you got audio on your monitor from your WDTV Live Media Box
  13. drums101 said:
    he said that he has used the monitor with a different setup and the audio worked fine using hdmi input..I am kinda stumped here I dont have a clue why this is not working....it seems like everything is set up the way its supposed to be

i know what he said.
  14. swifty_morgan said:
    i know what he said.

ok so if you knew what he said then why did you suggest that he try that? If you look up in the thread you will see that he said that the speakers on the monitor worked fine when he had it hooked up to a WDTV Live Media Box via hdmi..so that means that the monitor is setup fine for outputting audio to its speakers...I also suggested he make sure that the monitor has its speakers enabled many posts up...I wasnt trying to put you down when I told you what he said I was just trying to further the thought process bc we have already worked past that point there is no need for you to be so short with me.
  15. I don't know what you're smoking but you need to pop something to calm yourself down. I know what he said means i read it........ that's it. Just because it will work through a device doesn't mean it will necessarily work when that device is not present.
  16. I am not getting worked up I am just trying to explain why I said the "he said that" part..It was not to put your reply down or anything I merely trying to further the progress on the thread. I understand posts/texts can come off more negative than they were intended so I hope that is the case with yours too
  17. Nah, im using the same HDMI cable that i always use.

I have no idea what is going on tbh, everything is set up correctly, and i have tried everything you guys suggested, but nothing still.
  18. tupapi, where abouts are you configuring your sound options?
  19. Right click the little speaker on the taskbar and then playback devices.

NOW I get "Not plugged in" when i try to choose the Monitor speakers, so i have no idea whats going on now..
  20. control panel on the monitor. try to see if speakers are enabled.
  21. tupapi; Can you do this for me please.

In playback devices can you list here from top to bottom all the devices you see.

Enable each one individually as default source and test while the rest are disabled and follow down the list in this fashion.

Can you please write a description next to the device names which ones are playing sound.

And lastly, what brand of 560ti do you have and how many ports are at the back and which ones are being used?
  22. boju said:
    tupapi; Can you do this for me please.

In playback devices can you list here from top to bottom all the devices you see.

Enable each one individually as default source and test while the rest are disabled and follow down the list in this fashion.

Can you please write a description next to the device names which ones are playing sound.

And lastly, what brand of 560ti do you have and how many ports are at the back and which ones are being used?

Heres a SS of what it shows NOW, before this screenshot it was showing as if it was working, now i dont know what happened and says not plugged in, but im passing video through HDMI.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4493/91657299.jpg

I tried several cables, but they are not of the best quality, but i always use those cables, so i dont think its the cables, i already ordered a new one just in case, will try to see if that fixes it when it gets here, if not, then the problem must be the card itself?

ASUS Nvidia GeForce ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5

The only device playing sound as of now is the "Speakers"

Thanks!
  23. Thanks dude.

What is the tv and monitor you using?

So the Asus sometimes recognises and says' ready'?

Thinking ahead here, when it does show 'ready', what happens when you disable speakers? Any sound through tv or monitor?

Wiggle the hdmi cable slightly or try taking it out and putting it back, maybe a couple of times. Have the speakers disabled as it won’t play sound from both hdmi and onboard simultaneously. Or at least not as a default option anyway.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics