Sign in with
Your question

Problems loading windows 7 from disk

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 23, 2010 10:27:04 PM

Hello

I am having a problem installing windows 7 64 bit. I have a three license copy and I installed one on my family computer and then a second on my gaming platform. After installing on cpu 2 I began having multiple blue screen memory dumps. It got to the point where it would not boot at all. Important thing here is that it did work at one point. Thought maybe it was a virus (unlikely) so I formatted the HDD, and tried a clean install. All this did was lock it up. I tried troubleshooting by hot swapping hardware. I swapped processors (I have two identical cpu's) video cards everything except psu's and mobo's. Everything works as it should. I formatted HDD and tried loading 7 again. This time it loaded software then froze when the logo appeared and says starting windows. It just sits there. One more interesting (frustrating) thing to note is I tried loading XP again and it started up just fine. My specs are AMD 64x2 3000, Asus M2N31SLI-Delux, 4g OCZ ram, Dual 8800 GTS 640's in SLI, 600 Watt OCZ SLI psu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
January 24, 2010 3:01:48 PM

To anyone who has the same problem I flashed CMOS using the on board jumper. Boom, all better.
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
January 24, 2010 4:14:15 PM

Thanks for posting the solution!
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 24, 2010 4:35:29 PM

Yes, thank you for posting the solution, we certainly do appreciate that!
Do you mean you reset the BIOS with the jumper, or did you actually flash a new BIOS version?
m
l
February 7, 2010 3:15:01 PM

jitpublisher said:
Yes, thank you for posting the solution, we certainly do appreciate that!
Do you mean you reset the BIOS with the jumper, or did you actually flash a new BIOS version?

Yes I reset the BIOS with the jumper. No new BIOS version was required after that point. I am happy to say that everything is still running smooth as it can be. I am actually impressed with Windows 7 at this point. Thanks for getting back with me, take care.
m
l
!