Missing parts for a Frio OCK

waybrane

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Hello,
i didn't take it into consideration when i had someone order me an open box Frio OCk cpu cooler. of course, i'm missing mounting parts. unfortunately, when i called thermaltake, they were asking me for part numbers that they didn't even have on the paperwork that came with paperwork. when the gentlemen sent his info to look and let him know which, it was the same paperwork that was in the box. i have a feeling that they aren't going to send me the hardware that i am missng. i was wondering if someone was familiar with this product and its mounting hardware, the one set of screws is just listed as D. Long Screws x 4 and the other is I. Short Screws x 4. i know, this is a long chance but if i knew the sizes, i could probably find them at lowe's or home depot. thanks for your patience.

waybrane

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
well, guess i'm going to have to break out the tape mearsure and gather up parts and head to the hardware store. i've been working on this build for awhile now, finally got the parts together and going to build the final system. not going to let 8 screws get in my way.............find it odd that with all the reviews that are out there and there is absolutely no one who has one setting around and i can't get a simple set of screw sizes, u'd think that would be a no brainer.........oh, well, i will continue to monitor this post to see if i get lucky but if not, everyone have a good nite and be nice to someone everyday :)

waybrane

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
thanks for the info scout_03.............good news on the other front as far as the screw mess, i kept at this customer service rep and thru 10!!! emails, i finally got this guy to relent to the 8 screws.....got to give to this guy, he could of threw in the towel and said "no" but he stuck with me til we got it right. so i give thermaltake customer service a big thumbs up! oh yeah, when i get the darn screws, i will measure them out and post the results, so if there is ever anyone out there who runs into this problem will have at least a reference here at tom's; a quick google search and bam, here it will be on tom's site. i seem to always find the scenario's where i'm the only one in the nation to have the unique problems that i do, hehe, don't matter what project....plumbing, electrical, auto, computer...wish i had a dollar for everytime i've said "so let me get this right...i'm the only one in the nation who's ran into this problem and this solution?" well, enough of me ranting, everyone here have a great TGIF and a wonderful weekend as well, talk to you soon! :)