Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Thoughts on this Build???

Last response: in Systems
October 24, 2012 6:46:35 AM

Hi All!! :D 

I am new to this website and new to building PCs and new to PC understanding the hardware and software in general; and i would like to say thank you in advance for your help. I am planning to use this computer for photo editing, some video editing/compressing/exporting, video encoding, gaming (BFME2, COH, MOH:A, MOH2010, BFBC2, and similar), movie watching, CD and DVD burning, and normal office use. I don't want to have to upgrade this PC again for at least another few years. So having durable but still powerful and new equipment is imperative.

I am currently in the process of choosing parts to build a new PC. Here are the parts that i am looking at, let me know what you think. Please be critical but don't go hating on me :p  ... I'm very new to this haha. Btw, though, I am trying to hover around $650, less is better; so if you have any suggestions for change keep that in mind. (or if you know of a better part for a cheaper price, that would be even better!)

I'm not planning on overclocking at all.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz 77W ($219) [do you think getting the 3570K is worth it? Or should i just go with the 3570?] OR Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz 55W ($119)
I can't decide which one would be the best value for the money :heink: 
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...u7469zuSHnoGPg

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...NKSHARE&cm_mmc _o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=8BacdVP0GFs-mDi35hIqlQfE4B5FVMPIKA

Motherboard: Biostar TZ77B ATX LGA1155 ($87)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...D=3938566&SID=

Memory: (I am recycling 6 Gbs of memory from my old computer, my friend told me this would be ok to do, but i just want to be sure.)
PNY OPTIMA 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel Kit DDR2 667 MHz
Hynix (2x1GB) PC2 - 6400 (<--i dont know much about these modules because they came with my old PC)

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB Video Card ($134)

Case: Rosewill Challenger ATX Mid Tower Case ($45)

Power Supply: Antec Basiq Plux 550W 80 Plus certified ATX12V powersupply ($55)
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?...S-BP550UP&c=CJ

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1st/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer (would this write/read CD's and DVD's well?) ($25)

Total price is $567-$667

Thanks all!! I am looking forward to hearing back from you! :) 

~Defisher

More about : thoughts build

October 24, 2012 7:08:26 AM

Quote:
same price, MUCH better

Thanks! I will look into that stuff!! you made that PC on pc part picker so fast!!! :o 

Do you think the performance difference between the radeon 6850 and 7850 would be very noticeable?
And do you think I really need a SSD? Should I make it a necessity or is it just a commodity... lol. im just trying to save money everywhere. :na: 
m
l
October 24, 2012 7:13:49 AM

The performance difference between the 7850 and the 6850 would be pretty noticeable.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 24, 2012 8:12:11 PM

But I was looking at a benchmark and the 6850 outperforms the 7770. Is this correct? Also, the 6850 is 256bit and the 7770 is only 128. And I don't really want to spend the extra $100 for the 7850 lol. But if you guys say there is that much of a difference I will more readily consider it lo
m
l
October 24, 2012 8:30:07 PM

The only thing I'd change on jrgong's build is to get a better PSU. The Corsair V2 "Builder" units use capacitors from the inferior Samxon "GF" line, known to fail early. The thread at http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/not-so-tough/8805 contains references to that, and a link on the badcaps.org forum. I would suggest a PSU built by Seasonic, Delta, or FSP such as a Seasonic, Antec, or XFX unit, or one of the new Rosewill Captone or Hive PSUs (built by Superflower).
I would choose a HD7770 over a HD6850. Apparently, newer drivers are really uncorking some unrealized power in the new GCN architecture. When it first came out, the HD7770 was weaker than the HD6850, but recent driver releases have allowed the HD7770 to gain a lot of performance and generally pass the HD6850. It also uses less power. You could use a 380W Antec Earthwatts or 360W Seasonic G-360 to power a rig with one HD7770 in it.
m
l
October 24, 2012 8:38:37 PM

Even before the latest driver updates, I could play GW2 on my HD7770 with good settings; not "max," but "good," and I had to look for the differences while playing compared to my HD7870. I haven't loaded the latest updates yet, but if anything, there should be an improvement, likely of 15%, so I could probably use some even higher settings.
It's a better card, but if it is more than you can comfortably afford, do not feel compelled to buy a HD7850 or think you won't be able to enjoy your games. Reviews I've been reading of modern games show they look pretty good even way down on "medium" settings, and you'll likely be on "high" for most things, especially if you lower or turn off AA.
m
l
October 24, 2012 9:06:00 PM

defisher said:
But I was looking at a benchmark and the 6850 outperforms the 7770. Is this correct? Also, the 6850 is 256bit and the 7770 is only 128. And I don't really want to spend the extra $100 for the 7850 lol. But if you guys say there is that much of a difference I will more readily consider it lo

The 128-bit memory interface only shows its limits at higher memory requirements, such as higher resolutions, richer textures, and higher anti-aliasing settings. If you're not intending to push high details at high resolutions, the 128-bit won't be an issue.

You say you don't want to upgrade for a while, correct? The 6850 is at the end of its life. You'll want something newer for longevity. I'd consider a 6870 a minimum card right now for a gaming-first rig. The 7850 is just a smidge more and totally outperforms the 6870 in every aspect. If that's out of the budget, a 7770 will do nicely. If you really want, I'll sell you my very slightly used 6870 ( so I can afford the 7870 I want. ;)  )

As for the SSD, it's really nice to have, but no, it's not a hard requirement. And while a 64GB will do for a system drive, I really recommend a 128GB, just so you have room to load a few apps and games on it too. It doesn't improve actual gameplay performance, but games and levels do load notably faster.

I agree with jtt on the PSU, an Antec Earthwatts PSU is a great component. Usually $50-$70, depending on wattage and sales ( your build could easily get by with a 450W. )
m
l
October 24, 2012 10:00:28 PM

I think I will go for the Radeon 7770 then, seeing as its the best for the price haha.

Which PSU do you think would be better? the 430W Corsair Builder or the Antec Earthwatts 380 ? I dont want to spend more than I have to. the Corsair is a cheaper than the Antec. and would both be compatible with the MOBO?
m
l
October 24, 2012 10:15:22 PM

I'd rather go Antec on the PSU, but that's because I've used them for years with no problems. I've never tried a Corsair PSU.

You won't have any problems pairing the i5 with the 7770, though you won't get the gaming performance you may want. The upside is that you'll only be a GPU upgrade away from rocking anything you want.
m
l
October 24, 2012 10:57:09 PM

Do not buy the Corsair Builder V2 because of the questionable capacitors; it may not last.
m
l
October 24, 2012 11:12:53 PM

Quote:
i5 and 7770 for gaming doesnt make sense when it gets outperformed by i3 with 7850/70

Agreed, in those particular combos, the i3/7850 will perform better at gaming where the CPU isn't the bottleneck ( read, large multiplayer games. ) But as games continue to advance, the i3 will quickly become a large ( small? ) bottleneck. At that point, you'll need to upgrade your CPU and GPU. Going with the i5/7770 now may not have quite the gaming punch, but you can upgrade just the GPU as needed and the i5 should be more than adequate for years to come.
m
l
October 25, 2012 12:29:29 AM

So if I got an i5 and paired it with a radeon 7770 it wouldnt be good? but at i3 with the radeon would be ok? but then like RedJaron said if I ever wanted to upgrade, i would have to do BOTH.

So should I go with an i3 and a radeon7850 then? The less cost of the CPU would allow me more money for the GPU. Or should I do the opposite, get a i5 and a 7770? Which would last longer, perform best, and be the best bang for the buck?

And regardless of which of these 2 CPUs and GPUs i choose, the Antec 380 Earthwatt should be enough to keep me powered up, right? there would be no frying going on or anything? haha ;) 
m
l
October 25, 2012 1:04:08 AM

Do NOT buy the Corsair Builder V2! It is not of the same quality as past Corsair PSUs (which were typically built by Seasonic; V2 is built by Channel Well).
m
l
October 25, 2012 1:59:57 AM

Nope. Read the thread I linked earlier. The originals were built by Seasonic and were fine. The V2 is built by Channel Well using inferior capacitors with a history of failure over time. According to http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm the new ones (V3) are also built by Channel Well. Until someone dissects them and doesn't find inferior caps, I won't be buying or recommending them either.
m
l
October 25, 2012 4:47:05 AM

The i-3 3220 is newer and I read that its better than the i3-2120 and it uses less power. should get that one instead? its only $10 more.

jrgong: you think I should get the Asrock B75M MOBO instead of the Asrock H77M that you previously mentioned? What are the differences? the only thing I can see is that one is more expensive and one has more connectors for ports and stuff.

So, just to be on the safe side, it would be better to get the Antec 380 Earthwatt? Because if something fails, I really don't want to have to wait to get new parts after getting all the other parts lol :p 

I kind of need a lot of HD space. But basically any 1TB HD with 64MB of cache and 3gb/s SATA or 6gb/s SATA 3.5" should be ok, right?

For the GPU, is that the best version of the 7850? I see there is an MSI and an XFX and a Gigabyte etc. the PowerColor is the best one? or does it not even matter? Also, the details of this card says i need a MINIMUM of 500W power supply!!! so neither the Antec or the Corsair would work?!? :heink: 

Would this Rosewill case be able to fit everything? especially the GPU? Some reviews say it was too small for them (but they might have been trying to fit an elephant in there or something.) :D 

btw, jrgong last build you did on pcpartpicker seems almost perfect for me. That would run most games like BFBC2 and maybe BF3 on max settings, right?

For the memory, DDR3 1600 is better than 1333, right? or does it not matter that much?
m
l
October 25, 2012 5:26:30 AM

I really cant decide which PSU would be the best. Antec I hear is the best/most durable. So im thinking one of theirs.

This is what I think the new build would look like. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lmBe

But I still cannot decide which PSU, i think either this one or a 520W Antec Earthwatt.

I am just worried about the GPU not having enough power.

And would the Radeon 7850 PowerColor be able to fit in the Rosewill Case? Do you think I need a fan in the case?

Sorry for so many questions :p  But please answer as many as you can
m
l
October 25, 2012 9:47:10 AM

defisher said:
I really cant decide which PSU would be the best. Antec I hear is the best/most durable. So im thinking one of theirs.

This is what I think the new build would look like. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lmBe

But I still cannot decide which PSU, i think either this one or a 520W Antec Earthwatt.

I am just worried about the GPU not having enough power.

And would the Radeon 7850 PowerColor be able to fit in the Rosewill Case? Do you think I need a fan in the case?

Sorry for so many questions :p  But please answer as many as you can

That build looks good.
Graphics card vendors overstate their power requirements in the often vain attempt to counter all the liar-labeled junk out there (e.g. Apevia, Logisys, Diablotek, Crappermaster, etc). The 430W Earthwatts would be fine.
I have built in that Rosewill case. It's small, but the HD7850 is not a huge card. It comes with a rear 120mm fan; you may wish to buy another one for the front, but the parts you have chosen should not generate a lot of heat.
m
l
October 25, 2012 5:54:32 PM

Is there a performance difference between the different Radeon 6850s? Like is Asus better than the PowerColor? the PowerColor is cheaper but it has less CoreClock (i dont know what that means lol, but im assuming more is better)

I think I might try a different case because I want the front USB 3.0 ports lol and it has better reviews lol.

Here is what the build looks like with all of your guys' input http://pcpartpicker.com/p/loJz

I chose a different MOBO because it has 8 usb ports

And for the PSU, which one? the one on PCparpicker, or this one http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-power-supply-neoeco5... A friend told me that I should always have at least 25% more wattage than what is actually called for. And if i upgrade the GPU or CPU i want to not have to upgrade the PSU too haha.
m
l

Best solution

October 25, 2012 6:22:59 PM

Quote:
i3 and 7850 for sure would be best bang for bung and offer the best long term potential.
I really disagree with that. It would offer great bang for the buck right now, but only in gaming and less CPU intensive tasks. My guess is that games, and a lot of other software, will start seeing more parallelization and will start utilizing more CPU threads and possibly more of the L3 cache. If this happens, and especially if this happens soon, the i3 will fall far behind true quad-core chips.

You say you plan to do photo editing and video compression with this thing. The i5 trounces the i3 in these aspects, so if this is something you'll be doing fairly regularly, you'll notice the benefits of the i5 very quickly.

Obviously the 7770 won't give you near the graphical oomph a 7850 will. However, the 7770 will still give you serviceable gaming capabilities. You won't be rocking the higher detail settings, but it will still look decent. But don't think it has to be one of only these two options.

Unless you're under really tight budget constraints right now, I recommend you spend the little extra money and get the i5 and the 7850 right now. That solves all your problems, balances the system, and gives you a good amount of "future-proofing" to go with it.

defisher said:
The i-3 3220 is newer and I read that its better than the i3-2120 and it uses less power. should get that one instead? its only $10 more. That's an Ivy Bridge chip as opposed to a Sandy Bridge. Yes, it's newer, uses a little less power, and is just a touch faster. It's not a bad upgrade at all, if you're going the i3 route. All Ivy Bridge chips include a vastly improved Quick Sync engine that can really accelerate the video editing you mentioned earlier.

So, just to be on the safe side, it would be better to get the Antec 380 Earthwatt? Because if something fails, I really don't want to have to wait to get new parts after getting all the other parts lol :p  PSU failure actually damaging other components is kinda rare, except with the really cheap models. Any halfway decent PSU will kill all power output before it spikes and fries your internals. That said, a 7850 will put about 130W load on the 12V rail. A solid 380W PSU should handle a 7850 or 7870, but if you plan to go to a bigger card like a 7900 or 670, I'd get a 450W PSU.

I kind of need a lot of HD space. But basically any 1TB HD with 64MB of cache and 3gb/s SATA or 6gb/s SATA 3.5" should be ok, right? A large cache on the HDD doesn't always mean better performance. And no platter drive can utilize the extra bandwidth of a SATA 6.0 connection. SATA 3.0 drives will perform just as well and you might save some money.

For the GPU, is that the best version of the 7850? I see there is an MSI and an XFX and a Gigabyte etc. the PowerColor is the best one? or does it not even matter? Also, the details of this card says i need a MINIMUM of 500W power supply!!! so neither the Antec or the Corsair would work?!? :heink:  "Best" depends on what you want it to do. The best performance usually goes to the highest overclocked card, but they require the most power and they're usually not the quietest. You can check through Tom's review of the 7800 cards to get an idea which one has the balance of performance, power requirements, and noise you're looking for. I like Sapphire cards, but that doesn't mean others aren't just as good, or possibly better.

As for the recommended wattage, that's a very general figure given by the manufacturer. Not all PSUs output the same wattage on all their lines. The cheaper ones beef up their 3V and 5V lines ( called rails, ) so they can advertise higher wattage. Graphics cards use the 12V rail. A respectable 400W PSU, like Antec and Seasonic, will often have a better 12V rail than an el-Cheapo 500W PSU.

Would this Rosewill case be able to fit everything? especially the GPU? Some reviews say it was too small for them (but they might have been trying to fit an elephant in there or something.) :D  Check the case specs. Usually they list a maximum card length you can fit. Some cases have removable drive cages that give you a lot more room.

btw, jrgong last build you did on pcpartpicker seems almost perfect for me. That would run most games like BFBC2 and maybe BF3 on max settings, right? BF3 on ultra settings is unlikely above 1680x1050. Also, the i3 will start to get a little bogged down during big multiplayer maps. The single player on high settings at 1920x1080 should be okay. Bad Company will be buttery smooth.

For the memory, DDR3 1600 is better than 1333, right? or does it not matter that much? It's a little better, but not so much that's it's terribly noticeable. Don't bother going above 1600 though.

defisher said:
Is there a performance difference between the different Radeon 6850s? Like is Asus better than the PowerColor? the PowerColor is cheaper but it has less CoreClock (i dont know what that means lol, but im assuming more is better)See above. Higher clock frequency means it can process stuff faster, just like a higher CPU frequency. Some brands will factory overclock the card to squeeze a little better performance out of it. This also means it draws more power and gives off more heat. More heat sometimes means a louder fan to keep it cool. The overclock will yield a few extra frames per second, which may be enough to make a game just playable at higher detail settings. The extra price they charge for it may be more than you're willing to spend, though.

I think I might try a different case because I want the front USB 3.0 ports lol and it has better reviews lol. Front USB 3.0 is a good idea

I chose a different MOBO because it has 8 usb ports If the number of ports on the back is your main choice, are you actually going to use them? If you have a lot of peripherals that are constantly plugged in, like printers and scanners, then it makes sense. Otherwise a lot will go unused. If you're swapping stuff constantly, it makes more sense to put more ports in easier reach, like a powered hub ( maybe your monitor has a built-in USB hub, ) or a case with more front ports. I'm not saying that's a bad board, but choosing a model just on USB ports isn't always the best way.

And for the PSU, which one? the one on PCparpicker, or this one http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-power-supply-neoeco5... A friend told me that I should always have at least 25% more wattage than what is actually called for. And if i upgrade the GPU or CPU i want to not have to upgrade the PSU too haha. Most upgrades that require new PSUs are either total system builds, or drastic GPU upgrades ( like dropping in a second GPU or replacing a low-end card with top-of-the line model. ) Stepping up from one CPU to the next ( without changing mboards! ) generally doesn't increase the power requirements enough to require a bigger PSU. A 25% cap isn't a bad idea and will give you some room for some small upgrades. Newer PSUs with the 80 Plus certification are fine running at 85% capacity ( some have no problem into the 90%+ range. ) It just matters how much you're planning to upgrade this machine before you do a whole 'nother build.

And again, total wattage capacity isn't very telling. It's all about which rails have a lot of draw on them ( a topic more in-depth than I need to go into here. ) But according to Tom's review, a whole system using the 7850 stays around 250W. Mind you that's the whole system, using a CPU that uses more power than anything we've discussed here.

Answers in red.
October 25, 2012 9:15:16 PM

Oh my goodness!!! Thank you, RedJaron!!!

I would want to get an i5, but I think it would go over my budget. And it would be more a commodity than a necessity, right? Or do you think it really would be worth it to get an i5 3750 or 2500 or something?

You are right. I have quite a bit of stuff plugged in back there, but I usually switch them out quite a bit. I think a USB hub is the way to go. This being said, this is almost the same Asrock MOBO as before, but instead it has 4 x 3.0 USB and 2 x 2.0 USB. But this MOBO should be virtually the same as the previous micro ATX asrock MOBO? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Hmm, the Sapphire 7850 seems to fit me better then haha. but then there are different Sapphire 7850 models! :heink:  which one is best?

So this PSU would work well for me? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-power-supply-ea430 if I had an i5 and the Sappire Radeon 7850 or something similar? Btw, does a PSU have to say it is microATX motherboard compatible for it to be so?

So the changed build would be like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lpSE just not exactly sure which GPU or if i should get an i5 yet
m
l
October 25, 2012 10:57:24 PM

The thread I linked clearly shows that the CX V2 (there were pics of the 600W model) is the one with the bad caps.
In any case, RedJaron clearly deserves a B.A. for his thorough response.
m
l
October 25, 2012 11:31:18 PM

defisher said:
Oh my goodness!!! Thank you, RedJaron!!!

I would want to get an i5, but I think it would go over my budget. And it would be more a commodity than a necessity, right? Or do you think it really would be worth it to get an i5 3750 or 2500 or something
I can't answer that for you since I don't know exactly what type of workload you plan to put on the CPU. My own philosophy is to bite the bullet and get exactly what I need, maybe even a little above, instead of limping on with "just good enough" stuff. I sometimes end up spending a little more than then next guy, but I'm very rarely disappointed with my purchases or wishing they could do just a little bit more. If you're regularly processing videos and large pictures, an i5 may be a necessity since the time saved will add up. But if it's just something you do every now and then as a hobby and waiting a few extra minutes for a video to process isn't a big deal, then the i5 would be a commodity.

You are right. I have quite a bit of stuff plugged in back there, but I usually switch them out quite a bit. I think a USB hub is the way to go. This being said, this is almost the same Asrock MOBO as before, but instead it has 4 x 3.0 USB and 2 x 2.0 USB. But this MOBO should be virtually the same as the previous micro ATX asrock MOBO? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
That board doesn't have an onboard USB 3.0 header, so any front USB ports on your case would be 2.0 or you'd have to loop pass-through cables and plug them into the back of the box. I'm more familiar with the higher end boards, so I'm not the best one to ask regarding a low end mboard.

Hmm, the Sapphire 7850 seems to fit me better then haha. but then there are different Sapphire 7850 models! :heink:  which one is best?
I'm a fan of their Vapor-X boards because the cooling system is quiet. I don't think Sapphire has released Vapor 7800 models yet, though. Other vendors have adequate 7850 boards that are fast and quiet, check some reviews.

So this PSU would work well for me? http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-power-supply-ea430 if I had an i5 and the Sappire Radeon 7850 or something similar? Btw, does a PSU have to say it is microATX motherboard compatible for it to be so?
That PSU should be ok. And a micro-ATX PSU just means it can fit in a smaller micro case. The power cables will still fit a micro-ATX board.

So the changed build would be like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lpSE just not exactly sure which GPU or if i should get an i5 yet

Again, answers in red

Onus said:
In any case, RedJaron clearly deserves a B.A. for his thorough response.

I've got a BA in BS, does that count?
m
l
October 26, 2012 6:06:52 AM

The i5 is a commodity for me. It is more of a hobby and I can be patient lol.

So what do you think of this set up, with all of your recommendations and comments? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/lsSW

CPU Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor $119.99

Motherboard ASRock B75M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard $61.97

Memory Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory $33.99

Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $69.99

Video Card PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card $179.99

Case Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99

Power Supply Antec EarthWatts 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply $39.99.
You are positive I do NOT need the the 500W to match what the graphics card says?

Optical Drive LG GH24NS90 DVD/CD Writer $15.99

All together is it $572

With this setup would I still be able to play the games I mentioned earlier at high settings?
m
l
October 26, 2012 5:36:20 PM

defisher said:
You are positive I do NOT need the the 500W to match what the graphics card says?

With this setup would I still be able to play the games I mentioned earlier at high settings?

I'm positive that PSU is adequate. As I said, a lot of cheaper PSU manufacturers will beef up their 3.3V and 5V rails just so they can advertise their product as a higher total wattage capacity, sometimes where the 12V rail is less than half the actual output. The 500W recommendation is just a blanket statement so someone with a Wal-Mart special system with a weaker PSU can get a general idea whether the card will work for them.

The one downside to the 430 is it only has a single 6-pin PCIe connector. That's sufficient for a 7850, but anything bigger requires two 6-pins or 8-pin connectors. So keeping future upgrades in mind, you can grab an Antec 650W that has two 6+2-pin connectors for only $5 more ( looks like it's on sale, so if you want it, I'd grab it today. )

As for game performance, of all the games listed, BF3 is by far the most demanding. BF3 on ultra detail @ 1920x1080 will fluctuate bewteen 25 - 35 fps. Not exactly smooth. Drop the detail a bit and minimum should hover around 40 fps. The CPU might bog it down a little in larger multiplayer matches. Games like Guild Wars 2 and Skyrim will easily be maxed out.
m
l
October 27, 2012 7:24:55 AM

I see. Well high graphics would be nice, but saving money is nicer haha.

I will definitely get the Antec 650W!!! Hopefully I will be able to buy the computer this weekend!!

THANKS SO MUCH, REDJARON!!! YOU ARE THE BOMB!!! :D 
THANKS JRGONG! YOU ARE A BEAST! :) 
m
l
October 31, 2012 9:17:03 PM

One more question. Which do you guys think is better? intel i3-3220? or intel i5, 3470?
m
l
October 31, 2012 10:11:11 PM

defisher said:
One more question. Which do you guys think is better? intel i3-3220? or intel i5, 3470?
The i3 only beats the i5 i terms of sheer gaming performance value. In processor bound games ( StarCraft II, some large-scale multiplayer games like MW3 and BF3, ) the i3 will start to bog down. In most others, the i3 is only a little behind the i5 in gaming. If future games start taking more advantage of CPU threads and resources, expect the i3 to fall further behind.

For a lot of people, the i3 is sufficient for gaming and they put that $100 difference toward other parts of a build. But for people who throw more intensive tasks at their CPU, like heavy programming/compiling, video editing, and Photoshop, the i5 is a huge benefit. If you regularly do these things, the i5 is nice to have since it can complete the job in less time. If you only dabble here and there, you may want to save money and get the i3.

Personally, I'd grab the i5 because it is a little more "future-proof" than the i3, so far as you can do that with computers. But my budget and computer use are not necessarily yours.
m
l
October 31, 2012 10:38:47 PM

hmmmm. ok. Thanks again RedJaron :) 
m
l
November 8, 2012 4:28:54 AM

Best answer selected by defisher.
m
l
November 8, 2012 4:35:32 AM

Hi again you guys. I just want to say THANK AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP! :D 

This is the build I have bought. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mUEw

I am just waiting on the CPU to arrive (it is due next week). The total price came to $605 because of all the rebates which pcPartpicker is not showing (not including about $13 of shipping).

I will let you guys know when I get everything booted, installed, and running. :) 
m
l
!