Unsafe i7 Temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have an i7 870 @ stock clocks that is getting up to 76C during normal gaming (Minecraft, Rigs of Rods etc.) and gets to 84C in 27 seconds on OCCT. Is this normal? I have heard that the max you want it at is 73C. I might get this cooler if it is too high. If this is normal for the CPU is it hurting my mobo? I am sorry for such a wall of text but I really can't afford a broken computer right now. :S

Use some caned aire to blow out the dust in the PC, all should be good, if the CPU is left at stock speeds, and the fan isn't seizing up, then the stock cooler should be more then enough to cool you CPU, if you get a better cooler, yeah, it will cool better until you get more dust in the PC.

Just cleaned it a month ago, all stock though the fan is 2 years old now. I'll try reinstalling the heatsink and see if it makes a difference.

ColoredWater

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Yeah, they're both correct. You may want to go with something more reasonable like the Hyper 212+ as it is much cheaper. I'll guess the same and say your PC is dusty and the heatsink is old.

Well crap, a 2 MB/second DL caused this...
LNQsnQV.png

Go with ColoredWater's recommendation about the Hyper 212+EVO and re-seat the CPU/heatsink combination. I have the Hyper 212+EVO and it is n efficient heatsink.

My temps on the i7 3770K (OCed) do not exceed 80 degrees C while stress testing with Prime95 - your CPU should run cooler under similar conditions.

getting a new PC in a year or so so :)p) I will use the dark knight on that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS