Crossfire on the Sabertooth 990 fx AMD

Cwulfing

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hello,
Hi all i am trying to Crossfire link 2 HD 6850's on my sabertooth Motherboard buti cannot figure out how to enable the crossfire tech through the new amd Vision engine i cant find any link anywhere for it
I kow that Both my Mobo and CPU are set for it and i have an antec 900w PSU
and all the latest graphics drivers installed im sure it is something simple i am missing but i cant figure it out

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
To enable Crossfire X you have to run the AMD Vision Engine Control Center, then on the left side of the window, click "Gaming" and click "AMD CrossfireX". You will have only two choices, "Enable AMD CrossfireX" and "Disable AMD CrossfireX". Obviously, you need to click "Enable AMD CrossfireX". If you don't have the option then you probably have something setup incorrectly or something has failed.

Make sure that the CrossfireX bridge is installed between the two cards. Make sure that both cards are seated correctly. Make sure that the first card is installed in the tan colored PCIe x16 slot next to the CPU socket and the second card is installed in the other tan colored PCIe x16 slot. The Black PCIe slot is only connected to four lanes(x4) so don't use it for a graphics card.

Cwulfing

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Yes i have the Bridge on them and i have them both seated correctly and in the positions you Mentioned. there is no Crossfire section under Gaming is there any way i could have turned it off or is there any way to turn it back on ? I have tried installing and reinstalling AMD numerous times and everything works on the single card but there is no Double options or Crossfire options i can find anywhere...

Cwulfing

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
not sure if this helps at all but i Just reformatted and upgraded to windows 7 enterprise 64 and then tried to go Crossfire i've never had crossfire set up before and now i cant figure out how to get it going ive followed the advice from my Motherboard manuel. Ive looked it up online i've allready done everything listed above... Please someone help me with something better then

(you probably have something setup incorrectly or something has failed.)
No offense Jkatwyopc Just doesnt give me anything i dont know allready

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
All i can think of...I'd test both cards separately. Check BIOS for settings related to your northbridge or 990fx or multi-gpu settings, fiddle around with that. Reset Bios to defaults. Make sure you're not using outdates/legacy drivers. Remove crossfire bridge(not sure but i think 990fx can do it, thoght with a hit on performance). Replace crossfire bridge. Ensure PSU has enough grunt. Have a friend with a capable rig test that nice crossfire setup you got :) Have a friend with a crossfire setup tests his cards in your rig. GL!