Recent split second power outage, worried for computer.

jooshie

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Basically i'm just sitting at the computer watching a buddy of mine on a livestream, the lights in my room started flickering along with the monitor, then eventually turning off for a split second. This also made my computer turn off so sudden, I heard a water sort of sound coming from the liquid cooler as it happened, and when the power came back on I heard moving again but twice as loud.

So when it turned back on I was put onto a new screen on startup i've never seen before, it said something about a detected power surge? Should I be worried or is everything fine? Thank you :)

jooshie

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Had another split-second power outtage, not sure what's going on but sort of cautious of whether to keep on the computer or not!

I didn't have the power surge detected screen come up this time, but help would be appreciated thanks!

jooshie

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for the reply, just checked out a couple of UPS's and think I might get one eventually, only if this carries on. By the looks of things it was a spur of the moment thing, weather over here in Wales most likely.

The thing that had me worried was when it detected a power surge or something, that screen just after the bios screen. Thanks for the help Trail. :)