Status
Not open for further replies.

pow203k

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
how do i turn on the built in graphics on my gigabyte motherboard i have a gtx 670 ftw and i am using Intel build in graphics that are not that good

Solution
You need to install the drivers for it.

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

When you do that, it will work fine :). Of course, if there are no drivers, it will not say the card name and it will not perform at all, but it will still function. And trust me, that's not Intel GPU that's functioning :p.

drums101

Distinguished
I am confused are you asking how to disable the onboard graphics or turn it on? if disable bc you have a gtx 670 (most likely) you boot into the BIOS and set the primary graphics adapter to PCIE or PEG (same thing) and then reboot and install the new card and plug the monitor into the new card...then reboot and you are all set to use your 670

fpoon

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
1. Make sure your PCI-E power connector is connected and that your monitor is connected to the graphics card.
2. Make sure your BIOS is set to your discrete graphics card. Usually this setting is called "Graphics Controller" or something like that. Set it to "PCI-E".

pow203k

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
its not impossible because on my first boot i had it hooked up to the gtx and i want to windows to score my computer and got 1 in graphics and my gtx didn't even show up when i was looking at settings. i have no idea how it was possible but i seen it with my own eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.