Sign in with
Your question

Is Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 5.1?

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Components
Last response: in Components
October 28, 2001 4:29:39 PM

Just one quick question. Before i click buy. I see in the specs it says "Virtual 5.1 processing for creating surround playback from standard stereo sources" Now is this the same as the Hugely advertised 5.1 on every creative product? Since it dosen't boldy say it on the box or specs, I was just curious. IS this just creatives marketing skeem for someone to lean toward their product?

Thanks a lot

Here visa visa
hehe

Thanks for your replies

More about : turtle beach santa cruz

October 28, 2001 7:13:00 PM

It supports 5.1 If your playing a dvd and virtual 5.1 for games. You can connect 5 speakers and a sub to the bactk of the card if thats what you mean. You can also connnect to a seperats decoder though the digital out.
It isn't as full featured as the audigy or 5.1 from creative But in my oppenion it hase the best sounding music output of all the soundcards I've tried.

If you ever stop learning, YOUR DEAD!!
October 28, 2001 7:56:21 PM

What are you talking about? As far as I know, no mainstream sound card does true 5.1 sound in games. The Santa Cruz does equal 5.1 sound as the Live! 5.1 and Audigy.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Related resources
October 28, 2001 8:09:06 PM

Thanks a lot guys!! I am ordering right now...

I read some more reviews on the card. I am sold. I am happy i am not falling into the realm of creative! hehe

thanks again.

FUzz
October 29, 2001 5:56:35 PM

Quote:
I am happy i am not falling into the realm of creative! hehe

As am I. One less person buying their products is one step closer to them realizing they have to start making products that actually compete, and their name won't last forever.

Quote:
If you ever stop learning, YOUR DEAD!!

This should be the contraction 'you're' (you are), not the possesive 'your'.
What are they teaching you kids in school these days?

<font color=orange>Quarter <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
October 31, 2001 3:44:36 AM

soo true fatburger..so true..
October 31, 2001 3:48:21 PM

Hehehe...I just saved a man's life :) 

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Anonymous
October 31, 2001 5:58:08 PM

Heheh. Yes, listen to the great wisdom of Fatburger and avoid the Creative pitfall. Though we may all disagree on our favorite alternative, we definitely agree on the need to avoid Creative. :) 

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
October 31, 2001 6:29:38 PM

I was referring to chaotictech's sig, in case you missed that connection.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
October 31, 2001 6:37:46 PM

LOL fatburger!!!
October 31, 2001 7:19:22 PM

yes much funy fatburger

If you ever stop learning, YOU'ER DEAD!!
October 31, 2001 8:58:15 PM

Hehehe...still can't get it right, eh? :) 

October 31, 2001 11:27:59 PM

lol!

If you ever stop learning, YOU'ER DEAD!!
!