Closed Solved

Where do I begin?

I have just assembled my newest computer creation. It's based on Gigabyte's GA-Z77X-D3H mobo, an Intel i5 3570K processor, and Kingston Hyper-X RAM. When I first tried to fire it up, I got no video (I'm using the Intel integrated graphics). I've put together numerous systems over the years, but I've never had this problem, and I don't know where to begin. Is the problem most likely with the CPU (I could swap it out for another), the motherboard itself, or perhaps the RAM is incompatible (KHX1600 C9D3K2/8GX). Ideas, anyone?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about where begin
  1. Is psu and cpu fan is spining?
  2. could be bad ram overall test with one stick or different ddr3 if have some. Could be a bad board. Only three things that can rlly be wrong would be ram/motherboard/psu. psu can be tested in another system, and ram if u have some. Throw in a motherboard speaker and listen to the beeps
  3. Best answer
    wrong voltage ram.
  4. ASHISH65 said:
    Is psu and cpu fan is spining?
    Yes, and the DVD-ROM drive functions
  5. lazyboy947 said:
    could be bad ram overall test with one stick or different ddr3 if have some. Could be a bad board. Only three things that can rlly be wrong would be ram/motherboard/psu. psu can be tested in another system, and ram if u have some. Throw in a motherboard speaker and listen to the beeps

Thanks. I'll try some G.Skill ram I have. I'll look around for a m/b speaker. I know I have one somewhere; just haven't used it in a long time
  6. intel systems are not suppose to use 1.65v ram but it shouldnt be much of an issue
  7. swifty_morgan said:
    wrong voltage ram.

Thanks, swifty. Yeah, the QVL does specify KHX1600 C9D3LK2/8GX (NOT C9D3K2) I'll try that as well
  8. lazyboy947 said:
    intel systems are not suppose to use 1.65v ram but it shouldnt be much of an issue

Thanks, lazyboy. My G.Skill memory is 1.5 volts, so I'll try that
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs