Computer Started Randomly Freezing - No Hardware Changes over 2 months

airborne101st45

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Hi,
My pc started experiencing random crashes today, even in the BIOS. I had to go out for 20 minutes so I locked my computer and when I came back it froze when I tried to put the password to unlock it. I restarted it and it froze in the desktop just after windows started up. I restarted it several times again and it didn't even get passed the windows 7 loading screen or it wouldn't even start up the BIOS.

My first guess was that the videocard was overheating so I removed it and started up the computer using the default GPU from my motherboard but I got a black screen, not even BIOS. I performed a CMOS reset with the jumper my motherboard includes and then started it up again. It went greate until the computer crashed again 5 minutes after starting up windows but this time there were graphical artifacts on the screen when it crashed. I had already removed my dedicated videocard so my next guess was that the CPU was overheating so I started up the computer and had enough time before it crashed to install a CPU core temperature program and the temperatures for my CPU and System were perfectly normal (CPU 35 Celsius) (System 33 Celsius)

I have both Windows 7 and Windows 8 installed in my computer. I tried running windows 8 and it crashed too. The problem cant be the windows files since the computer crashed multiple times on the BIOS setup screen which I think also rules out hard drive failure. I think that just leaves The RAM and motherboard as possible culprits.

I installed both the motherboard and RAM at the same time since I upgraded from DDR2 to DDR3. In the shop I bought them from they recommended the RAM I bought for the motherboard I bought. I bought them both at the same time in the same shop. They have been working perfectly since I bought them, over two months ago" I have not installed any new software either in the past week.

I tried placing the RAM in another slot but it didn't help. Please excuse any grammatical mistakes, English is my second language :p . I will be checking this thread constantly so if you have any questions I will answer them in no more than 10 minutes. Thanks in advance

System:
Motherboard: Biostar N68S3B
CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 550
Dedicated Videocard: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 500 MB
Integrated GPU: Nvidia GeForce 7025
RAM: Patriot DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Single Stick.