Sign in with
Your question
Closed

PC won't connect to monitor. Dead graphics card?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Connection
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2012 3:11:28 AM

I finished building a PC last week and tested it out on a monitor and it works fine. Now I'm trying to use a different monitor and I get errors along the lines of 'unable to connect' etc. I have everything plugged in and tried everything. Anyone know a fix? Thanks.

EDIT: The graphics card is a PNY GTX 560

More about : connect monitor dead graphics card

Best solution

a c 208 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 29, 2012 3:16:08 AM

Doctor Funk said:
I finished building a PC last week and tested it out on a monitor and it works fine. Now I'm trying to use a different monitor and I get errors along the lines of 'unable to connect' etc. I have everything plugged in and tried everything. Anyone know a fix? Thanks.

EDIT: The graphics card is a PNY GTX 560

make sure your not using the onboard video ports. if your not see if the onboard is the main video now and check that your video card seated and has power. if the onboard does not work open the case and see if ram and everything still connected.
August 29, 2012 4:06:50 AM

smorizio said:
make sure your not using the onboard video ports. if your not see if the onboard is the main video now and check that your video card seated and has power. if the onboard does not work open the case and see if ram and everything still connected.

I tried it with all ports. All components are firmly seated.
Score
August 29, 2012 10:14:01 PM

Best answer selected by Doctor Funk.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 29, 2012 10:27:18 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!