Your question
Solved

Low Budget Business PC

Last response: in Systems
October 24, 2012 4:39:38 PM

General parts ref... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/llQx
//old ------- Final shopping cart ref... http://i46.tinypic.com/sgkghg.jpg
Final price: $269.92 CAD

Going to be reusing my older 500GB SATA2 HD.

Do you see any possible issues with this setup? Any concerns or alternative hardware recommendations?

Designed the build for good performance in regards to general internet browsing use, and regular use of office software. Trying to let it be 'somewhat' expandable if some gaming is a priority in the near future. (May get Radeon HD 6770 if needed)

Thanks guys.

More about : low budget business

a b B Homebuilt system
October 24, 2012 5:14:22 PM

the A8 has a good GPU build in so no need to add the 6770.

otherwise should be a good office workstation
m
l
October 24, 2012 5:20:10 PM

It'll handle some games as-is with the A8's 7560d which is most of what's out now, at mostly medium settings with AA/AF turned off.
m
l
Related resources
October 24, 2012 5:58:34 PM

Are there any wise words for me to NOT choose a mATX board for this computers general purpose?

Would it be worth trying to dial back a bit on performance of components (<$250) to get the most value out of this build?

Thanks for the answers so far guys, this will be my first AMD based computer. Excited to learn more about it.
m
l
October 25, 2012 2:38:33 AM

I am also trying to make an alternative with the FX series processor. I'm once again stumped on whether this will have integrated graphics.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/llG5

Pretty well finalized now, not sure if the memory will be compliant as well.
m
l

Best solution

October 25, 2012 3:24:09 AM

Emerald said:
the A8 has a good GPU build in so no need to add the 6770.

otherwise should be a good office workstation

Actually you could get a better A10 CPU and a 6770 or if you're short on budget, a 6670, and use it in Dual Graphics mode. Performance in Dual Graphics mode here should be a little bit better than a GTX 550ti.

The A10 would also be better for business applications. It'd be worth the 30 bucks, especially if you're not going to go for Dual Graphics.
October 25, 2012 1:50:15 PM

sonicers said:
Actually you could get a better A10 CPU and a 6770 or if you're short on budget, a 6670, and use it in Dual Graphics mode. Performance in Dual Graphics mode here should be a little bit better than a GTX 550ti.

The A10 would also be better for business applications. It'd be worth the 30 bucks, especially if you're not going to go for Dual Graphics.

I think I may just revolve the build around this recommendation. Would really like the little more 'unf' in GPU power without having to drop more on a PCI GPU soon. In all reality for 20 bucks more I'm getting much more since they're APU's right? I get some more CPU power and GPU power which cpubenchmark can't do justice.

Thanks for the help guys.
m
l
October 25, 2012 5:38:16 PM

Best answer selected by twixa.
m
l
!